THE BIJOU 3" Centrepin

The Other Reels forum.
Tonytoned
Arctic Char

THE BIJOU 3" Centrepin

Post by Tonytoned »

I had just recently purchased a Bamboo rod with a greenheart tip which I had posted a thread on the forum earlier. I have nearly finished restoring the rod, just a couple more coats of varnish on the whipping. Anyway to go with the rod I have received a THE BIJOU 3" centrepin as shown in the images. I thought It would be a similar set up to what a boy or a fairly young angler would have used back in the day.

:Hat:

Santiago
Wild Carp

Re: THE BIJOU 3" Centrepin

Post by Santiago »

ELO did similar small sized ones in bakelite.
"....he felt the gentle touch on the line and he was happy"

Hemingway

Aitch
Pike

Post by Aitch »

I was given one of these reels last year... I think they were made for younger anglers as they are a little naive in their construction... I'm given to understand they were made by TJ Harringtons.. they dont spin very well so trotting will be a bit of a challenge...
Just one more cast love, and I'll be on me way home

Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but pictures and memories

Tonytoned
Arctic Char

Post by Tonytoned »

Harry wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:36 am I was given one of these reels last year... I think they were made for younger anglers as they are a little naive in their construction... I'm given to understand they were made by TJ Harringtons.. they dont spin very well so trotting will be a bit of a challenge...
Yeah thank you Harry. Got it for a bit of fun and will probably only use it on a lake. Yes T.J. Harrington the same company that manufactured the Le "Omnia" the bullet shaped fixed spool reel and surprisingly The Gat gun, which I remember from my youth.

:Hat:

Return to “Other Reels”