Wooden Centrepin and case

The Other Reels forum.
Tonytoned
Arctic Char

Wooden Centrepin and case

Post by Tonytoned »

Hello Everyone

I purchased this wooden centrepin and case as a job lot with a rod at a local vintage fair. 3" diameter and about an inch across the spool drum. It was made in England, but I wanted to know if possible was the leather case, is it original or just something that was a close fit. The monogram on the lid looks like it says "C. A. Island" or something like that.

I would appreciate any feedback and thank you for your time.

Tony :Hat:

Harry H
Rainbow Trout

Re: Wooden Centrepin and case

Post by Harry H »

I don't think the case came with the reel, it would probably have cost more than the reel. The reel I think is a Milwards pattern and were normally just marked made in England so legend has it.
There are three things that improve with age: wine, friendship and water sense, and there's no short cut.
Anthony Shepherdson

Tonytoned
Arctic Char

Post by Tonytoned »

Harry H wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:11 pm I don't think the case came with the reel, it would probably have cost more than the reel. The reel I think is a Milwards pattern and were normally just marked made in England so legend has it.
Thank you very much Harry H. I did wonder about the case, but I will keep the two together.

:Hat:

Duckett
Tench

Post by Duckett »

No idea if this will help you but that looks like a cursive capital J to me, not an I. That might make it Juland which is a name of Scandinavian origin.
From "... the wilds of the Wirral, whose wayward people both God and good men have quite given up on ...".

Tonytoned
Arctic Char

Post by Tonytoned »

Duckett wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:12 pm No idea if this will help you but that looks like a cursive capital J to me, not an I. That might make it Juland which is a name of Scandinavian origin.
Thank you Duckett. That's intriguing, looking at it again I see what you mean.

:Hat:

Return to “Other Reels”