Grice & Young Gypsy D'Or - weight

The Other Reels forum.
Duckett
Tench

Grice & Young Gypsy D'Or - weight

Post by Duckett »

Could anyone give me the weight of one of these?

EDIT: I just spotted this post:

viewtopic.php?f=212&t=15154

…… however, it's the weight of an early one that interests me, if they are different.

Thanks in advance :Hat:

Phil
From "... the wilds of the Wirral, whose wayward people both God and good men have quite given up on ...".

SeanM
Tench

Re: Grice & Young Gypsy D'Or - weight

Post by SeanM »

Mine is a narrow spooled model and it weighs 11oz. Not an early model though - it's one with the plastic "domed" centre like the one shown. I can't see the weight varying much from model to model though. Earlier ones will probably be slightly lighter due to the lower diameter line pins
Quot homines, tot sententiae.

Duckett
Tench

Post by Duckett »

SeanM wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:15 pm Mine is a narrow spooled model and it weighs 11oz. Not an early model though - it's one with the plastic "domed" centre like the one shown. I can't see the weight varying much from model to model though. Earlier ones will probably be slightly lighter due to the lower diameter line pins
Thanks for this Sean.

Phil
From "... the wilds of the Wirral, whose wayward people both God and good men have quite given up on ...".

MacMan
Dace

Post by MacMan »

Just over 300 grams for the narrow spool, 330 for the wide spool and not much difference between the 1950s one and the 1970s one.

Matt

Duckett
Tench

Post by Duckett »

MacMan wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:58 am Just over 300 grams for the narrow spool, 330 for the wide spool and not much difference between the 1950s one and the 1970s one.

Matt
Thanks Matt.

Return to “Other Reels”