browning revolver centre pin

The Other Reels forum.
ItchenRoach
Gudgeon

browning revolver centre pin

Post by ItchenRoach »

as a owner and user of a well worn revolver no78,i was told that the first revolver no1 recently sold for 895 pounds,witch set me wondering if no2 and 3 are still out there and what condition they are in as mine has seen better days ,the no1 reel must have been mint to fetch that sort of money.

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Re: browning revolver centre pin

Post by Dave Burr »

£895 - really? Strewth, somebody is a keen collector but I doubt 2 and 3 would match that.

Chubman
Crucian Carp

Post by Chubman »

the top price for a mint revolver is £400

Chavender
Eel

Post by Chavender »

a week or so ago you could of had N042 ,I just sold mine ,just wasn't using it ,it was my favourite reel but just didn't fit in with my traditional gear so wasn't getting used .i'm not sure No1 sold for that much ,I know No00 a prototype never made near that much.i think £400 a bit much .I've had 4 of them over the years none as sold for that ,a truer value is £280-£350 .

you know if yours needs fixing up ,garry mills is the guy ,he made them ,back in his days at youngs ,it'd be worth investing a few pounds in restoring it back to factory fresh working order.
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! Steve

Wallys-Cast
Pike

Post by Wallys-Cast »

I have had three of them over the years. I think the most recent one I owned was No 071 which I sold for about £300.00. I had one which had a very low number, I think it was No005 but I can't remember exactly or how much it fetched.
Another one I owned had the original box and a spare spool, this one fetched the best price but it was still under £500.00.

I really liked the reels but I thought the colour was a bit "modern" and the handles were mounted too close to the rim.

Wal.

ItchenRoach
Gudgeon

Post by ItchenRoach »

did not know there was a 00 prototype steve ,the no1 was sold by antique and vintage tackle might still be on there website

Aquaerial
Chub

Post by Aquaerial »

They will all catch up with their sale price in time it’s just how long have you got?
Aquaerial
But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have

Return to “Other Reels”