A Cracker Jack Diamond

This forum is for discussing trout.
Iasgair
Chub

Re: A Cracker Jack Diamond

Post by Iasgair »

Let me make something clear. Even though the Fish & Game has specific lakes and rivers that you can take as many fish home that you wish, as long as you take home the fish listed in the fishing guide specifically, we have like I said bass and bream for example that you will not find in our mountain rivers but locally stocked lakes and ponds. There are regulations on these fish as well, for example you are allowed to keep 6 Largemouth bass and 20 bream.

It's just the mountain lakes and rivers they want to have specifically for trout, and they are trying to clean it up taking the non-natives out.

I can get so much deeper in this and drag it out, but I won't because I don't get that deep into it to keep up on what the State is continually doing.

And Duebel, you should see the colors of the G.Back trout during it's spawning period. It's a living canvas of colors. Almost too much color.
Worry less about who you might offend, and care more about who you might inspire.

Ian
Eel

Post by Ian »

We look forward to seeing photos of these fish iasgair,especially during spawning time.
Thanks for the read,very interesting to learn about the fishing over the pond.
I could ask you a ton of questions about the fishing over there but if I start I won’t stop and besides I still have enough questions on the subject of fishing here in Scotland ha.
I’m sure the trout fishing will be similar,though you seem to have a lot more strains over there,keep the stories of your adventures coming iasgair
Don’t cast doubt,cast out.

Iasgair
Chub

Post by Iasgair »

Ian wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:08 pm We look forward to seeing photos of these fish iasgair,especially during spawning time.
I could ask you a ton of questions about the fishing over there but if I start I won’t stop and besides I still have enough questions on the subject of fishing here in Scotland ha.
I’m sure the trout fishing will be similar,though you seem to have a lot more strains over there,keep the stories of your adventures coming iasgair

I am as interested in fishing Scotland, since that's where my family is from, as you are fishing here. Feel free to PM me any time with as many questions you can think of, and I'll be more than happy to try and answer them. I might even have a few questions for you.
Worry less about who you might offend, and care more about who you might inspire.

Ian
Eel

Post by Ian »

Iasgair wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:37 am
Ian wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:08 pm We look forward to seeing photos of these fish iasgair,especially during spawning time.

I am as interested in fishing Scotland, since that's where my family is from, as you are fishing here. Feel free to PM me any time with as many questions you can think of, and I'll be more than happy to try and answer them. I might even have a few questions for you.
Thanks iasgair I will take you up on that.

Scott
Tench

Post by Scott »

Iasgair wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:14 pm And Duebel, you should see the colors of the G.Back trout during it's spawning period. It's a living canvas of colors. Almost too much color.
I'd certainly like to see a photo of these fish if you have one. I've looked at them online, they seem to have a denser concentration of spots towards the tail right?

I'd also like to paint one. I like nothing more than using watercolours to document the variations in our native brown trout as you can see from this;

:cheers:

Duebel
Rainbow Trout

Post by Duebel »

Scott wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:31 am
Iasgair wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:14 pm And Duebel, you should see the colors of the G.Back trout during it's spawning period. It's a living canvas of colors. Almost too much color.
I'd certainly like to see a photo of these fish if you have one. I've looked at them online, they seem to have a denser concentration of spots towards the tail right?

I'd also like to paint one. I like nothing more than using watercolours to document the variations in our native brown trout as you can see from this;

Fantastic paintings, Scott!
I assume, you've caught all these variations yourself, haven't you?
Greetings from Bamberg
Martin

Scott
Tench

Post by Scott »

Duebel wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:05 pm Fantastic paintings, Scott!
I assume, you've caught all these variations yourself, haven't you?
Thanks Duebel!,

Yes indeed these are painted from photographs of my catches from a variety of the remote waters of Cumbria... :Hat:

Iasgair
Chub

Post by Iasgair »

Scott wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:31 am

I am very impressed with your paintings! Well done sir, well done indeed. Do you sell your paintings, they'd sell well here in the States I would imagine. I know I'd be honored to own one.

For the life of me, I never knew that there were so many species of brown trout. That explains why when I watch video's from the UK and Europe the browns look different than what we have.
To answer the spots on the cutthroat, yes on most, I know the Snake River and the Yellowstone cutties have more spots going from the tail to the gills, but the spots are more abundant from the tail to the mid portion on the Greenbacks.

Ian
Eel

Post by Ian »

Very impressive paintings Scott.id be well chuffed to have that on the wall.

Burnie
Dace

Post by Burnie »

Very nice art work, amazing how they can look so different, of course many years ago folk did think they were different species, which science proved they weren't.

Return to “Trout (Salmo trutta)”