Who has what catalogue

This is an index of catalogues held by forum members.
Tonkin Wand
Rudd

Re: Who has what catalogue

Post by Tonkin Wand »

Ooooooow! :Thumb: Thanks Nobby. I have just looked and cannot find Harcock ...a bit up market for Edwards; were they not trading with the bottom end of the retail, outlets within toy shops and cycle dealers. Correct me if I am wrong..... I was six at the time of the published price list ! Tony

Nobby
Wild Carp

Post by Nobby »

Ah, must be a different year then, my apologies...my memory isn't what it once was. I did read that they started out by selling tackle 'out the back of a van' as they visited tackle shops. I did find that they ended up in Brixton after leaving Wallington and Carshalton, and later traded as Black Seal.

Looks like it was the 1958 one that was the Harcork 'proof'

Fine print, I nearly missed it:

Jeff Dell Mura put a £50m reward on his book Hooked on Floats for whoever identified the maker of Harcork floats but I didn't have the nerve to claim it as I had only borrowed his book, not purchased one. Nevertheless we've been pals ever since and he has a new book out soon on cast holders.

Deaf Cat
Perch

Post by Deaf Cat »

I have MARCO ( Modern Arms Company Ltd ) Fishing Tackle 1978 (Wholesale and Export only)

1978, so glass and early carbon.
Mitchell 200 and 300 series reels; Intrepid
Grice & Young centrepins
Robin Harris floats
Exotic baits: Wheat, Hemp, Tares (Boy, if they only knew!)
And a small range of pole fishing specialities!
Duffer - The man without skill of hand, without good eyesight and no longer young - the man who really ought to fish!
(H.M. Bateman / R.D. Peck)

Olly
Pike

Post by Olly »

Richard Carter Traditional Angling - - colour photo sheet of reels & complete price list.

Casting in Wood - - colour photo of reels and complete price list.

Return to “Catalogues Held by Members”