Old car owners never die....they just rust away

Mark
Head Bailiff

Re: River Test

Post by Mark »

What a lovely roach, what did it weigh :thumb:
Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

CraigM
Grayling

Post by CraigM »

That's a beauty. Congratulations.

Snape
Bailiff

Post by Snape »

What a great fish!
“Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers,” Herbert Hoover.
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

The Sweetcorn Kid
Wild Carp

Post by The Sweetcorn Kid »

Stonker!!! :hat:
SK
The Compleat Tangler

“Imagination is the real magic that exists in this world. Look inwards to see outwards. And capture it in writing.”

Nigel 'Fennel' Hudson

Click here for my Youtube Channel...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeoyLH ... 5H4u8sTDgA

Bob Brookes
Zander

Post by Bob Brookes »

I am going down to fish the Test at Timsbury on the 27th with my son, Stu. I have never fished the river before and am really looking forward to it. I guess I would really like a large grayling, but would happily 'make do' with a 2lb roach. :Chuckle:

Any tips on location for the larger grayling, as the last time Stu fished last December he and his mate lost count of the grayling they caught when the number topped 100. The only problem was that they were all small ones.
"You do not cease to fish because you get old, you get old because you cease to fish"

Olly
Wild Carp

Post by Olly »

I gave up fishing it due to the size of the grayling - a fish over 2 was very rare but for sport incredible! I have also fished the opposite private bank - with the same results.

Like many fish grayling a cyclic - only living for about 7 years - a so big fish may be there for a year or two & then gone until the 1lbers grow a lot!

The roach lived near/above/under/below the road bridge - whether they do now I do not know but most pictures came from the bottom end.

There are several videos of the fishery - Matt Hayes I think did one and the 2 anglers - 'Day Ticket' - was another.

Testwood & Nursling fishery farther down the river have the bigger grayling and some 2lb roach. Have a look on face-ache - sorry Facebook to book.

Lovatt
Perch

Post by Lovatt »

Hello there, this is a late post indeed, a friend and I went fishing on the Timsbery fishery yesterday and what a day is was, I caught a nice Grayling, a nice out of season Rainbow Trout that shook the hook and some juvenile Salmon par the Grayling is not the first I have had as my first Grayling came from the river Ouzel 30 something years ago unbelievable? well I used to know someone who put them in there with a host of other unwanted fish, My friend caught several very nice Grayling, Sea trout and Brown trout all fish returned, if you are looking for a great days fishing then I highly recommend it, prices are good to at £25.00 per day.
Regards Trefor

Lovatt
Perch

Post by Lovatt »

Yes I agree it does they have been doing some extensive work at various locations still a nice game river though.

Regards Trevor

Moley
Brown Trout

Post by Moley »

Yesterday 1200-1800hrs River Test

Despite the weed some trotting was possible, in the deeper sections:

Image X30 to 8ozs. :Wink:

Image a few of these. :Thumb:

Image a handful of these :Cool:

Image X2

Nothing spectacular with regards to size but pleasing to be out there trotting again :Hat:

As ever,......

Moley
Say aye tae'a pie!

Return to “River Test”