Re: J.W.Martin & Son 1920-39

The history & development of fishing tackle part of the forum.
Tonkin Wand
Grayling

Post by Tonkin Wand »

Hi I am looking for the logo used by the above . I know of at least one rod sold on Ebay some years ago I bid and lost it but did get a copy of the logo. Alas I lost it with other data not long after. Could it just be possible that a member has such a thing? The address was ARLINGTON STREET not Way as it was renamed and the logo slightly altered to the new address. P.M. me if any one can assist. Thank you

Nobby
Wild Carp

Re: Re: J.W.Martin & Son 1920-39

Post by Nobby »

Is there a chance the image is still on your PC? I ask because I thought I had lost a lot of images but a pal physically opened the dead PC and downloaded all my 'lost images' to a stick from somewhere inside....rather shockingly he did this in the canteen of the Romsey School during a tackle fair!.

Another way around might be to download the freeware Picasa, which is famous for finding images you thought gone, but were still in your PC somewhere.

Best of luck......

Paul F
Sea Trout

Post by Paul F »

Tonkin Wand wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:23 am Hi I am looking for the logo used by the above . I know of at least one rod sold on Ebay some years ago I bid and lost it but did get a copy of the logo. Alas I lost it with other data not long after. Could it just be possible that a member has such a thing? The address was ARLINGTON STREET not Way as it was renamed and the logo slightly altered to the new address. P.M. me if any one can assist. Thank you
Is this what you are looking for, on my 3 piece rod?

Tonkin Wand
Grayling

Re: Re: J.W.Martin & Son 1920-39

Post by Tonkin Wand »

Hi Paul, Thank you in responding. I am looking for the ARLINGTON STREET logo which predated yours which is 1939ish to 1961ish (not altogether when they ceased trading and my for a short while got rid of stock from a St Johns Street address) .The logo is very similar to yours but as the "street" was renamed " way ", but at the same premise, it necessitated a new altered logo. Immediately recognized by a flat topped shield.I cannot be sure that the patent no changed. I have only seen one example of this but I lost the image with other data some while ago. Thanks again for trying regards Tony.

Return to “The History & Development of Fishing Tackle”