Walker net – the essential metal work

Traditional landing nets large and small.
Loop Erimder
Wild Carp

Re: Walker net – the essential metal work

Post by Loop Erimder »

I'm still interested too but on the grounds it would be a wooden block I think the alloy block as expensive as it is, it is probably worth it but obviously adds plenty to the cost. Would the wooden block be made too or is that something we would have to make ourselves?
Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish

Beresford
Sea Trout

Post by Beresford »

Wal has offered to make wooden spreader blocks. I suspect if 25 people suddenly want them then that may change but for now he has made the offer in his message back a page.

Currently you will have to make the brass parts that join the arms to the hinge piece. However, if this gets off the ground I may look at having those done for us as well. I feel though that I'd need a set of cane arms to create production drawing for this part. Really yet to be decided. The original has a brass tube brazed in but it might be possible to have them milled out of one piece of brass thus avoiding this operation.
The Split Cane Splinter Group

Hovis
Tench

Post by Hovis »

Beresford, can I have an update on this. Have we still got people interested in the project?
Last edited by Hovis on Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
I have laid aside business, and gone a'fishing.

Izaak Walton

Beresford
Sea Trout

Post by Beresford »

I'm sorry to write that I gave up on the project due to the lack of sufficient interest to make it a financially viable prospect.
The Split Cane Splinter Group

Hovis
Tench

Post by Hovis »

Beresford wrote: Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:15 pm I'm sorry to write that I gave up on the project due to the lack of sufficient interest to make it a financially viable prospect.
Beresford, I assume that no further progress was made on this? Is it possible for me to obtain a set of the drawings you produced? I must emphasis they are strictly for personal and not commercial use.

By all means PM me if required.
I have laid aside business, and gone a'fishing.

Izaak Walton

Tengisgol
Barbel

Post by Tengisgol »

Gosh, is this thread seven years old, where has the time gone?
Where the willows meet the water...

https://sites.google.com/site/tengisgol/

Return to “Traditional Landing Nets”