Maurice Ingham Ash hoopped net

Traditional landing nets large and small.
RBTraditional
Catfish

Maurice Ingham Ash hoopped net

Post by RBTraditional »

Can any one remember an article or indeed still has a copy from Carpworld many years back regarding the making of twenty ash hooped Maurice Ingham landing nets? My mate Kev has acquired the number one of this limited edition and would like a copy to read and to keep in order to preserve the provenance of this limited edition beauty. I have emailed Kevin Clifford and Tim Paisley but neither can recall the article (it was a long time ago), although I am aware that it does exist as Paul Wicher and a few other notaries remember it too. Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers
Rob
" Angling is not an escape from life, but often a deeper immersion into it..."

https://thepiscatorialraconteurs.co.uk/

Northern_Nomad
Arctic Char

Re: Maurice Ingham Ash hoopped net

Post by Northern_Nomad »

I've got quite a few back issues.

Have you got any idea which year it appeared?
"We knelt side by side looking at it. I knew it was big, and suddenly it dawned on me it was more than that. It was tremendous!" - Richard Walker

Huttojon
Minnow

Post by Huttojon »

I think that it was 1995 - good luck

Wallys-Cast
Pike

Post by Wallys-Cast »

RBTraditional wrote:Can any one remember an article or indeed still has a copy from Carpworld many years back regarding the making of twenty ash hooped Maurice Ingham landing nets? My mate Kev has acquired the number one of this limited edition and would like a copy to read and to keep in order to preserve the provenance of this limited edition beauty. I have emailed Kevin Clifford and Tim Paisley but neither can recall the article (it was a long time ago), although I am aware that it does exist as Paul Wicher and a few other notaries remember it too. Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers
Rob
Hi Rob, No3 for sale here mate if it helps, might be worth keeping a print out.
http://www.fishermansemporium.co.uk/landingnets1.html

Wal.

Nobby
Wild Carp

Post by Nobby »

Coxon and Waterman, eh?

That's Paul Witcher and John Ollif-Cooper.

Paul might recall the article's date.

Northern_Nomad
Arctic Char

Post by Northern_Nomad »

I've had a quick look through some issues from 1993, 94,95,96,97, however most of my older issues are not in my house but in my digs in Bristol.

I'll be back there next week so I' m fairly confident I can find it.
"We knelt side by side looking at it. I knew it was big, and suddenly it dawned on me it was more than that. It was tremendous!" - Richard Walker

RBTraditional
Catfish

Re: Maurice Ingham Ash hoopped net - update

Post by RBTraditional »

Thanks for your help chaps, much appreciated, there may well be some valuable leads there.
Kev has kindly offered a days fishing with him for barbel on his private syndicated stretch of the River Kennet for the first person who can locate and provide him with a copy of the article! This beat is well known for producing good doubles and it is not uncommon to catch two or three big old girls in a day.........Please PM me if you are in a position to help further.

Bestest
Rob
" Angling is not an escape from life, but often a deeper immersion into it..."

https://thepiscatorialraconteurs.co.uk/

Return to “Traditional Landing Nets”