Landing Net Handle - "Nodes"

Traditional landing nets large and small.
Northern_Nomad
Arctic Char

Re: Landing Net Handle - "Nodes"

Post by Northern_Nomad »

Was this your car with the low ground clearance?

If so, probably a definition of peeing in on anothers territory because it made him feel good. A bit of basic male testosterone jealousy methinks :club:

I can't have one so I will show my virility by sitting on someone else's. Apart from anything else if it is the motor I think it is , it can't of been comfortable unless he had shall we say .. a rather complete arse!!!
"We knelt side by side looking at it. I knew it was big, and suddenly it dawned on me it was more than that. It was tremendous!" - Richard Walker

Barbulus
Tench

Post by Barbulus »

Yes it was that car and yes he was a complete arse. Thankfully for him my daughter was with me......I know ! I was, shall we say, less than diplomatic in language, which given a former life you will, I think, find as remarkable as I did ! Ha !

Loop Erimder
Wild Carp

Post by Loop Erimder »

I know that car the cheek of it. I would of said nice car mate . Wait for the answer then dropped him :club: Anyway hope the handle works out for you.
Here's a few I made earlier except the furthest on the right
Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish

Barbulus
Tench

Post by Barbulus »

Loop. They look really really good. I like them a lot. I didn't realise you had so many ! I am going to flame it tomorrow over the gas ring and then order some green whipping from Pipers. I need to then think about a suitable traditional net head but that will wait a little while.

Barbulus
Tench

Post by Barbulus »

Crikey Leigh ! That is rather close ! I wonder if your idiot and mine are related....

So....apart from my winging a rather irate letter to the National Trust this morning....cooking a large breakfast for the remaining members of the family from over the weekend Easter stay...then dropping SWMBO at work...then back to then take others to the Station...then into Home Base...managing to mess up fitting the coving in the en suite...apparently Persimmon make a point of never ever building 90 degree corners anywhere so wasted two hours cutting 16 inner and outer mitre joints only to find none of them fitted...and so it goes....

....and then 30 minutes to myself...so.....heated the bamboo and collected rather a lot of liquid....had to then clean the kitchen counter top......burnt hands on said heated bamboo.......found an old fitting from a broken glass rod.....and an old butt stop button....drilled an 18mm rebate in the end of one of the handles.....dry fit......tomorrow its two pack epoxy purchase time and track down some whipping thread......anyway.....I am still at this project......the cane is now a little darker which I rather like without being too over the top.......more to follow.....in between the saga of the en suite coving mitre cutting - dull - way to spend a Public Holiday Monday...........thank goodness for slow speed drills with sanding attachments...."nodes" quickly reduced and tapered....

Barbulus
Tench

Post by Barbulus »

Pretty much now finished. Very many thanks to Pennine Lad for the ferrules; very much appreciated.

I ended up using "Black" whipping thread and two pack epoxy with a few coats of varnish to finish. Its turned out pretty much as I had hoped. There are a few flaws as one might expect for the "self build" - hairs from the Labrador seem to get everywhere - but I am happy that I now have a two piece traditional handle and just over five feet long when put together; strong and relatively lightweight. It will go well with a blacked whipped MKiV.

Next will be the traditional net head but in the meantime a standard large teardrop fish friendly net will suffice.

Loop Erimder
Wild Carp

Post by Loop Erimder »

Super Job :Thumb:
Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish

MGs
Pike

Post by MGs »

Excellent
Old car owners never die....they just rust away

Return to “Traditional Landing Nets”