Traditional net

Traditional landing nets large and small.
Bobthefloat
Rainbow Trout

Traditional net

Post by Bobthefloat »

Greetings all I've recently off loaded all my modern equipment and brought myself some lovely split cane rods hand made floats and rod rests. Now I'd really like a landing net to compliment it all. My budget is £200-300 I do like the Norman agguters walker replica but it's 36" and i was wondering if anyone made a 42" cane net that was within my budget?. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Scott
Tench

Re: Traditional net

Post by Scott »

Dave Austin makes split cane nets, not sure how you'd get in touch with him though, somebody on here might be able to help. I got one off ebay for £125 I think...

Bjp
Chub

Post by Bjp »

:Hat: i am in contact with him about a net for myself pm me if you would like his email address

regards

bjp :Hat:

Bobthefloat
Rainbow Trout

Post by Bobthefloat »

Thanks guys for quick reply

Loop Erimder
Wild Carp

Post by Loop Erimder »

I may have a split cane net arms for sale made by Dave Austin....I'll measure them tomorrow
Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish

Mitchell324
Bleak

Post by Mitchell324 »

there's a couple on ebay at the moment and not attracting too much attention.
I'm going, I'm going, where the water tastes like wine, gonna jump in the river and stay drunk all the time.
(Allan Wilson-Canned Heat- "GOING UP THE COUNTRY")

Regular_Caster
Gudgeon

Post by Regular_Caster »

Out of curiosity, did you manage to find a good net to fulfil requirements? I am looking at some options of a new net for myself, and just doing some research currently. Thanks.

Bobthefloat
Rainbow Trout

Post by Bobthefloat »

Regular_Caster wrote:Out of curiosity, did you manage to find a good net to fulfil requirements? I am looking at some options of a new net for myself, and just doing some research currently. Thanks.
I recently brought a beautiful splitcane net from Mr Dave Austin but it was with 30"arms.

The trouble is with a 42"cane net and 7ft handle which was what I wanted is the weight of it I'm still in 2 minds whether to just use my modern light weight 42"net with 8ft pole for the larger specimens
Last edited by Bobthefloat on Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Regular_Caster
Gudgeon

Post by Regular_Caster »

Sounds like an excellent purchase, well done. :) I will take a look now. I am sure I shall be envious, in a good way. Thanks for replying.

Bobthefloat
Rainbow Trout

Post by Bobthefloat »

Pm sent sir

Return to “Traditional Landing Nets”