Not a net ... 'just' a handle !!!

Traditional landing nets large and small.
AshbyCut
Honorary President

Not a net ... 'just' a handle !!!

Post by AshbyCut »

Still unsuccessfully trying to shake off the chest infection which drove me from the bank nearly 2 weeks ago (long story) ... so tonight I needed something to cheer me up. Fortunately I found just the thing.

Dave Austin (who is 'enneyalice' on The Bay of E) is sending me a newly finished landing net handle in split cane, with a 16in. cork handle. It's 5ft. 8in. long, and close whipped in maroon 1/2in. apart ... and designed for 'small to medium' sized net heads (no huge carp here) so will be perfect for my tiddler snatching. My current split cane net handle is 4ft. 3in., which has been very 'adequate' but a bit restricted in reach ... so this will be perfect addition to my outfit.

"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Chris Bettis
Crucian Carp

Re: Not a net ... 'just' a handle !!!

Post by Chris Bettis »

That net handle is a real cracker!

Paul D

Post by Paul D »

That's lovely Mal, I had the pleasure of meeting Dave a while back when he kindly invited me to his house to pick up my bank sticks, a real gentlemen. :Hat:

Trevor
Eel

Post by Trevor »

Very nice.
I have a couple of Dave's bank sticks in a similar whipped finish, and I spoke to him ages ago about making a split cane net in a specific size.
Must get round to getting it ordered.

Return to “Traditional Landing Nets”