Replacement net.

Traditional landing nets large and small.
Robbi
Tench

Replacement net.

Post by Robbi »

The replacement knotless Snowbee landingnet net landed on the doormat today, heaven knows how it can be made, packed and sold for 6 quid.

Mr Crabtree-a-like landingnet all ready to go :)
"In the back roads by the rivers of my memory"

Gudgeon Jim

Re: Replacement net.

Post by Gudgeon Jim »

Yes i agree they are certainly cheap

Kevin
Chub

Post by Kevin »

I am looking for a knotless net,for a folding triangular frame 16".
Could you let me know where you got it from please?

Last night passing a skip i noticed a landing net with bamboo pole sticking out, calling out to me to rescue it from the impending doom of death and the land fill.

The pole is split but will glue back,it had something inside it rattling about,on closer examination the brass butt cap unscrewed to reveal a built cane top section of a small stream fly rod.

I have never seen a rod kept in a landing net pole before,if the butt section had have been there i would have ran all the way home laughing,though i wondered if this was just a means to carry a spare top section and the butt was never kept inside the pole,the pole looks wide enough to take one though,I wonder if any one can answer this here?

There is a saying, that a man cannot walk past a hole being dug in the road by workmen, without having a look into it,I think this saying also goes for skips....

Robbi
Tench

Post by Robbi »

here ya go :)

got mine from here, cheap and quick service.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Snowbee-Repla ... _580wt_755
"In the back roads by the rivers of my memory"

Stour Otter
Grayling

Post by Stour Otter »

Hi Robbi.

Some of the best quality nets can be purchased from Sharp's of Aberdeen or on Ebay called Wilco replacement nets these are also of the same high quality. They then can be dyed using Havana Brown Dylon clothing powered dye turning the net a lovely chestnut brown. You will find the process very satifactory.

Regards
Stour Otter
The good angler is not the one with expensive equipment. Common sense, observation and trying to realize
what is happening above and below water will catch fish no matter what price equipment you fish with.
L.A. Parker - This Fishing 1948

Paddex

Post by Paddex »

[quote="Kevin"]
I have never seen a rod kept in a landing net pole before,if the butt section had have been there i would have ran all the way home laughing,though i wondered if this was just a means to carry a spare top section and the butt was never kept inside the pole,the pole looks wide enough to take one though,I wonder if any one can answer this here?

I think it is a traditional way to transport a spare top, Kevin - I got a nice bamboo net-handle from the german bay with an old rod tip inside, there is a screwcap on one end and the tip is exactly the length of the handle (58" - 147,5 cm), but there is just enough space for the tip in my handle (diameter 3/4"-7/8"), the tip has also interesting rings, I've never seen - I suppose it's a flyrod tip, but I'm not sure
nethandle-rodtip.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

GaryJC

Post by GaryJC »

The best nets in my opinion can be obtained from http://redportnet.co.uk/
All the nets are made to order and can be obtained in green or white (undyed) in many sizes, they are are not the cheapest but definately the best.
I think you will find many of the current traditional landing net makers obtain there mesh from them.

Gary

Return to “Traditional Landing Nets”