New net anyone...

Traditional landing nets large and small.
CWK
Perch

Re: New net anyone...

Post by CWK »

Gudgeon Jim wrote:
Swythyn Troutbeck wrote:It may be heresy to say this, gentlemen, but I prefer my Paul Cook net...and it was a lot less expensive brand-new. A thing of rare beauty.

Troutbeck
I would have too agree P.Cooks stuff be it a float , net or rod look superb quality its a shame i dont have funds for one of his rods at the moment.

The venerable Jason White also makes a delectable landing net . I know this because I've just purchased one from him , a flamed bamboo frame with brass fittings . Jason recommended bamboo rather than ash , which he can also supply , because he claims it's stronger and more resilient. I'd put some pictures up but I'm something of a Luddite and knoweth not how to do so....

Swythyn Troutbeck
Grayling

Post by Swythyn Troutbeck »

Loop Erimder wrote:I would want a small medium and large with a selection of different length handles too, if i'm honest :Chuckle:
Paul very kindly did me a two-piece handle, which gives me a choice of length, and he offers a choice of net head sizes. I already have a teardrop net head which suits Roach and the like so I asked him for a larger one good for big Tench and Medium to largish Carp. Paul's a very busy man but his work is well worth the wait.

Troutbeck :Thumb:
When I'm not fishin' I'm fettlin'

Kingfisher
Catfish

Post by Kingfisher »

Is the decimal point in the wrong place?

God never did make a more calm, quiet, innocent recreation than angling.

Izaak Walton

RBTraditional
Catfish

Post by RBTraditional »

Apologies, but I think £500 for a handmade net using natural materials is not a lot to ask, when you consider the time and skill involved in making it, after all £500 is around the average weekly wage.........If you want to own unique beautiful items made by craftsmen then you have to be prepared to pay. I have just paid for a bespoke oak front door for my cottage it was very costly, but I have much pleasure knowing that it is not an off the shelf piece of veneered tat..........
" Angling is not an escape from life, but often a deeper immersion into it..."

https://thepiscatorialraconteurs.co.uk/

Return to “Traditional Landing Nets”