Yet Another Big Up to Gudgeon Jim...

Traditional landing nets large and small.
Snape
Bailiff

Re: Yet Another Big Up to Gudgeon Jim...

Post by Snape »

MaggotDrowner wrote:
Snape wrote:
MaggotDrowner wrote:Very nice, Stu. What length are then handles? I was fishing with mine today (an old bit of metal pipe, and not nearly as pretty as yours) and found it a struggle for the first time as it is a little short. Perhaps because my cane rods are longer than the carbon I used to use.
With a cane rod of 10 foot or longer you want at least a 6 foot landing net handle to minimise the risk of stressing the rod tip when landing.
Well the Black Seal is 11ft and I think the net is about 5ft. I'll have to invest in a new handle for my smaller net I think. Many thanks, Snape. :Thumb:
I expect if you ask Gudgeon Jim nicely he might even make you a nice one...
“Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers,” Herbert Hoover.
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

MaggotDrowner
Zander

Re: Yet Another Big Up to Gudgeon Jim...

Post by MaggotDrowner »

Snape wrote:
MaggotDrowner wrote:
Snape wrote:
MaggotDrowner wrote:Very nice, Stu. What length are then handles? I was fishing with mine today (an old bit of metal pipe, and not nearly as pretty as yours) and found it a struggle for the first time as it is a little short. Perhaps because my cane rods are longer than the carbon I used to use.
With a cane rod of 10 foot or longer you want at least a 6 foot landing net handle to minimise the risk of stressing the rod tip when landing.
Well the Black Seal is 11ft and I think the net is about 5ft. I'll have to invest in a new handle for my smaller net I think. Many thanks, Snape. :Thumb:
I expect if you ask Gudgeon Jim nicely he might even make you a nice one...
I'd love one made by Gudgeon Gim but I might have to save up a few more pennies for that. My motorcycle is still poorly :( and that should be my priority.
"I'd rather be fishing!"

MD

Return to “Traditional Landing Nets”