clear agate butt ring

Just built or restored a cane rod or need some advise then let us know in here.
Wallys-Cast
Zander

Re: clear agate butt ring

Post by Wallys-Cast » Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:01 pm

Lea Dweller wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:03 am
Wallys-Cast wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:06 pm
Marco rods had been around for a long time and their rod kits and blanks were used by many other tackle retailers. My catalogue is from the early 1930s so no mention of carp rods but I think the later rods such as your standard carp would have been looked at as a very nice rod in its day.

I restored two for a chap who may have been a TFF member a few years ago but I can't remember who it was, I believe he used them mainly for Tench fishing.

Wal.
Wal, I think that we have a bit of memory loss in common! I do hope that the chap remembered to pay you for the restoration work! :Hahaha:
It wasn't you was it Ted :Chuckle:

Wal.

Old Man River
Rudd

Post by Old Man River » Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:45 pm

Stour Otter wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:25 am
Torridge Cane wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:46 pm
does anyone know where l can get hold of a butt ring, clear agate for a carp rod
1"- 1 1/4" ish would be lovely
regards
jon
Just wondering if your have sorted the ring your are looking for Torridge Cane. As I may be able to help you out, and will be in your area later this month, staying at Cranford Cottage, St Giles in the Wood, Torrington. North Devon. EX38 7LA

Stour Otter
Hi Mr Otter, should you still have the butt ring and no taker I would be more than happy to take it off your hands, for a fair price, as stated earlier I have been looking for one since my post in May . :Hat:

Dave
Hurrumph....... whatever happened to Handlines ?

Lea Dweller
Eel

Post by Lea Dweller » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:55 pm

Wallys-Cast wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:01 pm
Lea Dweller wrote:
Wallys-Cast wrote:
Marco rods had been around for a long time and their rod kits and blanks were used by many other tackle retailers. My catalogue is from the early 1930s so no mention of carp rods but I think the later rods such as your standard carp would have been looked at as a very nice rod in its day.

I restored two for a chap who may have been a TFF member a few years ago but I can't remember who it was, I believe he used them mainly for Tench fishing.

Wal.
Wal, I think that we have a bit of memory loss in common! I do hope that the chap remembered to pay you for the restoration work! :Hahaha:

Wal.
I can't remember! :Hat:
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall!
Confucius

Wallys-Cast
Zander

Post by Wallys-Cast » Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:51 pm

Lea Dweller wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:55 pm
Wallys-Cast wrote:
Lea Dweller wrote:
Wallys-Cast wrote:

Wal.

Wal.
Can't remember what..

Lea Dweller
Eel

Post by Lea Dweller » Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:29 pm

Wallys-Cast wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:51 pm
Lea Dweller wrote:
Wallys-Cast wrote:
Lea Dweller wrote:
Wallys-Cast wrote:

Wal.

Wal.
Can't remember what..
What the question was!

Wallys-Cast
Zander

Post by Wallys-Cast » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:09 pm

Lea Dweller wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:29 pm
Wallys-Cast wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:51 pm
Lea Dweller wrote:
Wallys-Cast wrote:
Lea Dweller wrote:
Wallys-Cast wrote:

Wal.

Wal.
Can't remember what..
What the question was!
:Chuckle:

Stour Otter
Perch

Post by Stour Otter » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:45 am

Stour Otter wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:25 am
Torridge Cane wrote:
does anyone know where l can get hold of a butt ring, clear agate for a carp rod
1"- 1 1/4" ish would be lovely
regards
jon
Just wondering if your have sorted the ring your are looking for Torridge Cane. As I may be able to help you out, and will be in your area later this month, staying at the lovely lake complex at Cranford Cottages, St Giles in the Wood, Torrington. North Devon. EX38 7LA

Stour Otter
Sorted.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The good angler is not the one with expensive equipment. Common sense, observation and trying to realize
what is happening above and below water will catch fish no matter what price equipment you fish with.
L.A. Parker - This Fishing 1948

Stour Otter
Perch

Post by Stour Otter » Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:07 pm

Torridge Cane wrote:
SORTED THANKS TO STOUR OTTER :Hat:
regards
jon
Great to meet up with Torridge Cane while on holiday at Cranford Cottages and Lakes just outside Torrington and hand over the clear agate butt eye that he'd been looking for. What a privilege it was to see his fishing study, chat on all things fishing and vintage over a cup of tea and meet his delightful Bedlingtons.

Thank you Jon.
Stour Otter
The good angler is not the one with expensive equipment. Common sense, observation and trying to realize
what is happening above and below water will catch fish no matter what price equipment you fish with.
L.A. Parker - This Fishing 1948

Torridge Cane
Minnow

Post by Torridge Cane » Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:56 pm

sorry for such a late reply John
but it's the old trouble back again !!!!!
so l have been on my back since we met really ,
a lot better now ...
lt was great to meet and chat , think we could have talked the clock round
as soon as l get going on the rod l will post some pictures
lt was a great pleasure to meet you ,
hope we can make it an annual event
not forgetting the agate butt ring
thank you so much
if you ever need anything , please always get intouch
thank you Stour Otter
very kindest regards
Jon