White inner ceramic tip ring ?

Just built or restored a cane rod or need some advise then let us know in here.
Old Man River
Silver Bream

White inner ceramic tip ring ?

Post by Old Man River » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:28 pm

Hi all, just a quickie, I wonder if anybody has an old school tip ring with a white ceramic liner, 5/8ths of an inch outside dia, or near as, in their bits box. It is for a Martin James greenheart/lancewood pier rod I am rebuilding ?
Pallenpool gifted me the rod :Hat: and I would like to get it back in useful original condition, the rod blank itself is fine,with 90% of the Martin James logo intact on the butt section, rings are loose, intermediate whipping is adrift etc, it needs stripping down rebuilding,it has the original Martin James badged cloth bag as well !
I have all the required gubbins,but am short of the tip ring.
If anybody could help I would be very grateful.

Whilst I am on the subject, as a matter of interest, I wonder if anybody has any information re Martin James whole greenheart or lancewood rods ? I would really like to date it but have no idea where to start.

Many thanks.

OMR
Hurrumph....... whatever happened to Handlines ?

Harry H
Arctic Char

Re: White inner ceramic tip ring ?

Post by Harry H » Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:33 pm

Old Man River wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:28 pm
Hi all, just a quickie, I wonder if anybody has an old school tip ring with a white ceramic liner, 5/8ths of an inch outside dia, or near as, in their bits box. It is for a Martin James greenheart/lancewood pier rod I am rebuilding ?
Pallenpool gifted me the rod :Hat: and I would like to get it back in useful original condition, the rod blank itself is fine,with 90% of the Martin James logo intact on the butt section, rings are loose, intermediate whipping is adrift etc, it needs stripping down rebuilding,it has the original Martin James badged cloth bag as well !
I have all the required gubbins,but am short of the tip ring.
If anybody could help I would be very grateful.

Whilst I am on the subject, as a matter of interest, I wonder if anybody has any information re Martin James whole greenheart or lancewood rods ? I would really like to date it but have no idea where to start.

Many thanks.

OMR
You're welcome to this one or just the ceramic if you still have the original frame.

:Hat:
There are three things that improve with age: wine, friendship and water sense, and there's no short cut.
Anthony Shepherdson

Old Man River
Silver Bream

Re: White inner ceramic tip ring ?

Post by Old Man River » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:18 pm

Harry, that is just perfect, the rod has a broken welded steel tip ring that is nowhere near original , please PM me re the price including Postage etc, and I will work out how to pay.. do you have Paypal ?

OMR
Hurrumph....... whatever happened to Handlines ?

Return to “Cane Rod Building and Restoring”