Milwards senior featherlite 14ft

Just built or restored a cane rod or need some advise then let us know in here.
Post Reply
User avatar
Richard Jackson
Brown Trout
Posts: 1344
Joined: Wed May 04, 2016 3:16 pm
Location: Newark on trent

Milwards senior featherlite 14ft

Post by Richard Jackson » Sat May 12, 2018 2:19 pm

A month or so ago i purchased a small bundle of rods , mainly for the spilt cane tip in the bundle to repair my Marco Arun but once i had collected said rods i realised the tip i had spotted belonged to a milward featherlite which was a complete rod and so my next project was in sight , the rod had seen better days , all the guides were bent or broken and held on by tape the varnish was flaking , the ferrules were loose etc , you get the idea
I have now finished the restoration using all original parts , i soldered all damaged guides and straightened them out repaired the handle and straightened the tip all that is left is to revarnish it when we have a few dry warm days
I spend most of my life fishing the Rest i just waste

User avatar
Richard Jackson
Brown Trout
Posts: 1344
Joined: Wed May 04, 2016 3:16 pm
Location: Newark on trent

Re: Milwards senior featherlite 14ft

Post by Richard Jackson » Sat May 12, 2018 2:30 pm

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
I spend most of my life fishing the Rest i just waste

User avatar
Lea Dweller
Eel
Posts: 2330
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:58 am

Re: Milwards senior featherlite 14ft

Post by Lea Dweller » Sat May 12, 2018 3:13 pm

I am constantly amazed at the skill and patience that TFF members display in repairing or restoring rods. I have found out over a period of many years that I am not blessed with either! :Hat:
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall!
Confucius

User avatar
LuckyLuca
Barbel
Posts: 4515
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:20 am
Location: Oxfordshire

Re: Milwards senior featherlite 14ft

Post by LuckyLuca » Sat May 12, 2018 3:20 pm

Very nice Richard. another saved from the scrap heap 👍
I walked across an empty land
I knew the pathway like the back of my hand
I felt the earth beneath my feet
Sat by the river and it made me complete.

User avatar
Gary Wright
Bleak
Posts: 142
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:07 am
Location: Newark

Re: Milwards senior featherlite 14ft

Post by Gary Wright » Sat May 12, 2018 4:58 pm

Very nice Richard , Quite a transformation! Should be ready for the NPS pin and cane day and those big barbel. :eyebrow:

User avatar
Richard Jackson
Brown Trout
Posts: 1344
Joined: Wed May 04, 2016 3:16 pm
Location: Newark on trent

Re: Milwards senior featherlite 14ft

Post by Richard Jackson » Sat May 12, 2018 5:31 pm

Gary Wright wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 4:58 pm
Very nice Richard , Quite a transformation! Should be ready for the NPS pin and cane day and those big barbel. :eyebrow:
I am looking forward to it Gary but , im not sure this rod would handle those , i do however have a recently restored Marco Avon which i hope will be suitable for them and i am midway through finally purchasing a Marco Trent off a gentleman which i would like to use
I spend most of my life fishing the Rest i just waste

User avatar
Gary Wright
Bleak
Posts: 142
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:07 am
Location: Newark

Re: Milwards senior featherlite 14ft

Post by Gary Wright » Sat May 12, 2018 5:45 pm

Richard Jackson wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 5:31 pm
Gary Wright wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 4:58 pm
Very nice Richard , Quite a transformation! Should be ready for the NPS pin and cane day and those big barbel. :eyebrow:
I am looking forward to it Gary but , im not sure this rod would handle those , i do however have a recently restored Marco Avon which i hope will be suitable for them and i am midway through finally purchasing a Marco Trent off a gentleman which i would like to use
With the size of barbel on the Trent Richard possibly better off with your landing net handle instead of a rod. :Chuckle:

User avatar
Richard Jackson
Brown Trout
Posts: 1344
Joined: Wed May 04, 2016 3:16 pm
Location: Newark on trent

Re: Milwards senior featherlite 14ft

Post by Richard Jackson » Sat May 12, 2018 7:04 pm

Gary Wright wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 5:45 pm
Richard Jackson wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 5:31 pm
Gary Wright wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 4:58 pm
Very nice Richard , Quite a transformation! Should be ready for the NPS pin and cane day and those big barbel. :eyebrow:
I am looking forward to it Gary but , im not sure this rod would handle those , i do however have a recently restored Marco Avon which i hope will be suitable for them and i am midway through finally purchasing a Marco Trent off a gentleman which i would like to use
With the size of barbel on the Trent Richard possibly better off with your landing net handle instead of a rod. :Chuckle:
Ha ha ha ,i will be bringing my chapmans 550 for the Barbel Gary , just hoping we all catch
I spend most of my life fishing the Rest i just waste

Post Reply

Return to “Cane Rod Building and Restoring”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests