Rod delivery prices

Just built or restored a cane rod or need some advise then let us know in here.
Penninelad
Chub

Re: Rod delivery prices

Post by Penninelad » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:25 pm

Great idea.I have just sold a rod to a forum member.He was coming to fish on the Trent with Bob Brookes.I was fishing at the same venue the day before so I met up with Bob and handed the rod over.No tube no packaging and security guaranteed
Mark Davies

Wallys-Cast
Sea Trout

Post by Wallys-Cast » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:37 pm

I too have used Bobs rod deliveries, very good, friendly service. Highly recommended.. :Chuckle:

Wal.

Beresford
Sea Trout

Post by Beresford » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:59 pm

I use a similar network of friends to move things around for another of my hobbies, it's even worked to Australia. (The items are much smaller but often rather heavier.) Even within the UK things don't tend to get moved that quickly using our hobby network and items can be with a friend for a month or more before they move on. However, I do still think this is a very good idea. Perhaps there could be a private part of the forum for willing 'forwarding' members to sign-up. Then if a member needs a rod moved they can post the journey and see who can help out. If the 'originator' or 'recipient' is prepared to drive for even 45 minutes that might give the item a head start and a strong finish.

The one good thing about Parcel Force, unlike any others I've found, is that they do offer good insurance, at a price.
The Split Cane Splinter Group

Return to “Cane Rod Building and Restoring”