Tales From The Riverbank

Watched a good fishing film lately, why not talk about it in here.
Lucky Strike
Perch

Tales From The Riverbank

Post by Lucky Strike »

Anyone seen this? It features Yates and some mouthwatering Bernard Venables
footage of him catching Perch with his Craftversa.
I've ordered one and will try and make a digital version for people on this forum

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tales-From-The- ... er+fishing

Jmooney
Minnow

Re: Tales From The Riverbank

Post by Jmooney »

I'd be interested to hear how you find it.

Jim

MGs
Pike

Post by MGs »

I have an old copy on VHS recorded from the TV. There is also a book with accompanied the series. I don't have one but a friend does. Delightful little series, nice voice over by Geoffrey Palmer
Old car owners never die....they just rust away

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Post by Dave Burr »

I had my own copy recorded from the TV from the time it was originally aired yet I never watched it for a second time and the series was never repeated, I think that says much about it. I accept that time may have given the series a more acceptable appeal but there was much about it I found too twee for my liking, that and John Bailey poaching on the Wye but then we are used to that now as he did it again in his recent Crabtree series :roll:

Scott
Tench

Post by Scott »

Dave Burr wrote:I had my own copy recorded from the TV from the time it was originally aired yet I never watched it for a second time and the series was never repeated, I think that says much about it. I accept that time may have given the series a more acceptable appeal but there was much about it I found too twee for my liking, that and John Bailey poaching on the Wye but then we are used to that now as he did it again in his recent Crabtree series :roll:

Did he? Oooooh, tell us more... ...if you want to :Wink:

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Post by Dave Burr »

The bit where he caught the barbel on the Wye whilst wading was filmed above the bridge that boarders the fishery he was on and, at the time 'Tales' was filmed, there was a stretch on our fishery that was out of bounds. This section is easily identified by the large boulders you can sit on to fish when the river is low and where was Mr B when he caught his fish? :roll:

I could go on but ..............

Return to “Fishing Films”