The Compleat Angler - Geoffrey Palmer & Rae Borras

Watched a good fishing film lately, why not talk about it in here.
Mark
Head Bailiff

The Compleat Angler - Geoffrey Palmer & Rae Borras

Post by Mark »

I just purchased a new copy on Ebay for only £8.00

From the cover:
The immortal charm of 'The Compleat Angler' has ensured its place in literary history. Written by Izaak Walton in 1653, it concerns the efforts of an experience fisherman as he imparts his wisdom to a novice, eager to learn. The delightful way in which the lore of the river is conveyed, has made it as popular with lovers of literature as it has with anglers keen to gain insight from the lifetime's experience of a true master.

Now, for the first time, two avid fishermen with a sense of history retrace the journey of the book and explore the locations, the fish and the methods that Izaak so beautifully describes. Geoffrey Palmer, one of Britain's best loved actors, with his dry wit and endearing charm is perfectly complemented by the encyclopeadic knowledge of successful East Ender Rae Borras. Together they explore what remains of the world of Izaak Walton. They visit some of his favourite haunts and try methods that he would have used 350 years ago.

As much about two great characters who share a passion as it is about fishing, the warm, often humorous series oozes a gentle charm that will enthral and seduce fishermen and non fishermen alike. Includes 15 minutes of previously unseen footage.
Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

The Sweetcorn Kid
Wild Carp

Re: The Compleat Angler – Geoffrey Palmer & Rae Borras

Post by The Sweetcorn Kid »

Thought you'd like it..... :wink:
SK
The Compleat Tangler

“Imagination is the real magic that exists in this world. Look inwards to see outwards. And capture it in writing.”

Nigel 'Fennel' Hudson

Click here for my Youtube Channel...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeoyLH ... 5H4u8sTDgA

DontKnowMuch
Roach

Post by DontKnowMuch »

The series has just been aired on Discovery Shed and I found it very enjoyable. The carp episode this morning had Chris Yates and Viv Shears fishing with the pair.

Champ
Chub

Post by Champ »

I watched the series first time round and a couple of times since i think.Very enjoyable in my book. Geoffrey Palmer comes over very well i thought.Rae couldnt quite keep up with Geoffreys dry humour which made it amusing. :) .

Tench Dreamer
Crucian Carp

Post by Tench Dreamer »

I enjoyed this too.

The not taking things too serious always being the most serious part was good ( Along with Issacs fine wored). The fishing on the Lea was graet and you even get to see inside Chris Yates tackle box! ( Tin)

Tench Dreamer
Crucian Carp

Post by Tench Dreamer »

I meant Issacs fine words.. wrong button sorry

Weyfarer

Post by Weyfarer »

Rae B owns a chunk of the middle Hants Avon does he not?

Return to “Fishing Films”