Good Centre pin casting video

Watched a good fishing film lately, why not talk about it in here.
Woolly Bear
Chub

Re: Good Centre pin casting video

Post by Woolly Bear »

Snape , its easy really it just takes practise , its more of a gentle lob really it also works better with a heavy load like an ounce upwards . its all about foot position in relation to where you want to cast . You can cast ending over head or as I do to the side you have to get the confidence to let the reel start to spin a fraction before you gently thrust forward with the rod. I can cast an ounce a good forty yards but as I said it takes practice and you do need plenty of room as your casting in an arc almost. Its really easy with three ounce I might add. I showed my friend who fly fishes and he mastered it very quickly . I wish I could show you .Kindest regards . Woolly Bear .

Reedling
Catfish

Post by Reedling »

With heavier weights you can cast a centre pin in the same way as you do a multiplier it is just a matter of confidence and control of the spool at the release, and then at the end of the cast so it does not over run. It is really no difference to casting with a fixed spool the release time is the same but the weight has to pull the line off the spool in a smooth and ordered fashion.. practice makes perfect and once mastered the timings become second nature. If you are used to casting with a multiplier you will understand what I mean. I must add that casting off the spool like this does require some weight though, you could not do it with a quills weight. I can see how the casting in this video works and I must try it again at some point, may be I got frustrated and gave up too easily first ime around.

Woolly Bear
Chub

Post by Woolly Bear »

Re my above post I meant two ounce not one sorry . kindest regards WB .

Match Aerial
Arctic Char

Post by Match Aerial »

Practically useless in the UK , steelhead anglers use floats as big as we would use for mackerel fishing in the sea.
The Wallis cast is far better with what I would call UK size floats like avons and loafer floats.
Maybe be ok with a big bomb on the end, I would learn to Wallis cast and you don't need any of that.

Return to “Fishing Films”