A Passion For Angling

Watched a good traditional fishing DVD lately, why not talk about it in here.
User avatar
Marc
Zander
Posts: 3767
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:14 am
Location: Co Durham, land of the prince bishops

Re: passion for angling

Post by Marc » Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:49 pm

Practically wore my VHS copy out.
Marc. (Prince of Durham)

"Then, as it was, then again it will be. And though the course may change sometimes. Rivers always reach the sea"

User avatar
Ljm183
Tench
Posts: 2870
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:34 pm
Location: Aveley, Essex

Re: passion for angling

Post by Ljm183 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:27 pm

Prince of Durham wrote:Practically wore my VHS copy out.
Only watched my video version once, now got it on DVD / laptop and memory stick.

User avatar
Snape
Bailiff
Posts: 9026
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:52 am
Location: North Oxfordshire
Contact:

Re: passion for angling

Post by Snape » Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:32 am

FabianFred wrote:Does anyone know where I can get a copy of the series on DVD? .. and the other one too... 'Catching the Impossible'...
Direct from Hugh see
http://www.passionforangling.info/
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing it is not fish they are after.
~Henry David Thoreau

User avatar
Kingfisher
Catfish
Posts: 5689
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:14 am
Location: Llandrindod Wells (Mid Wales)

Re: passion for angling

Post by Kingfisher » Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:12 am

I'll ask this question on Monster Myths here.

When both Anglers got a bit despondant at not being able to catch fish, Bob starts reading a book and a quote probably not from the book that Bob is reading is heard:- "It's as if the lake is haunted, The carp have become ghosts;"!

Can anyone tell me if this quote is from a book? and if so what is the title? and who is the author please?

Thanks in advance, I'd really like to read or buy the book if it is from one. :Hat:

God never did make a more calm, quiet, innocent recreation than angling.

Izaak Walton

User avatar
Olly
Barbel
Posts: 4806
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:58 pm
Location: Hants/Surrey/Berks borders.

Re: passion for angling

Post by Olly » Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:33 pm

I recognise Paul's pictures of the Longford and lost my only salmon I hooked under the wooden bridge!

User avatar
Kingfisher
Catfish
Posts: 5689
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:14 am
Location: Llandrindod Wells (Mid Wales)

Re: passion for angling

Post by Kingfisher » Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:08 pm

Kingfisher wrote:I'll ask this question on Monster Myths here.

When both Anglers got a bit despondant at not being able to catch fish, Bob starts reading a book and a quote probably not from the book that Bob is reading is heard:- "It's as if the lake is haunted, The carp have become ghosts;"!

Can anyone tell me if this quote is from a book? and if so what is the title? and who is the author please?

Thanks in advance, I'd really like to read or buy the book if it is from one. :Hat:

Does anybody know what book it was from? I can't remember if it's was from obsessions or not.

God never did make a more calm, quiet, innocent recreation than angling.

Izaak Walton

User avatar
Julian
Salmon
Posts: 7388
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:42 pm
Location: North Buckinghamshire

Re: passion for angling

Post by Julian » Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:33 pm

Kingfisher wrote:
Kingfisher wrote:I'll ask this question on Monster Myths here.

When both Anglers got a bit despondant at not being able to catch fish, Bob starts reading a book and a quote probably not from the book that Bob is reading is heard:- "It's as if the lake is haunted, The carp have become ghosts;"!

Can anyone tell me if this quote is from a book? and if so what is the title? and who is the author please?

Thanks in advance, I'd really like to read or buy the book if it is from one. :Hat:

Does anybody know what book it was from? I can't remember if it's was from obsessions or not.

I dont think it is from any book, its just what he felt at the time.
There is no peace on earth like the peace of fishing in the early mornings

User avatar
Kingfisher
Catfish
Posts: 5689
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:14 am
Location: Llandrindod Wells (Mid Wales)

Re: passion for angling

Post by Kingfisher » Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:42 pm

Julian wrote:
Kingfisher wrote:
Kingfisher wrote:I'll ask this question on Monster Myths here.

When both Anglers got a bit despondant at not being able to catch fish, Bob starts reading a book and a quote probably not from the book that Bob is reading is heard:- "It's as if the lake is haunted, The carp have become ghosts;"!

Can anyone tell me if this quote is from a book? and if so what is the title? and who is the author please?

Thanks in advance, I'd really like to read or buy the book if it is from one. :Hat:

Does anybody know what book it was from? I can't remember if it's was from obsessions or not.

I dont think it is from any book, its just what he felt at the time.
That's a shame. That reading and the APFA music in the background. I thought to myself "If that's from a book then I have to read it". I must just be yearning for a bloody good read.

Thanks Julian. :Hat:

God never did make a more calm, quiet, innocent recreation than angling.

Izaak Walton

User avatar
Chris Bettis
Crucian Carp
Posts: 954
Joined: Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:13 am

Re: passion for angling

Post by Chris Bettis » Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:36 pm

Passion for Angling was a one off and cannot be repeated. Can anyone advise me where I can buy the DVD version please?

User avatar
Mark
Head Bailiff
Posts: 17934
Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:55 pm
Location: Leicestershire
Contact:

Re: passion for angling

Post by Mark » Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:32 am

Chris Bettis wrote:Passion for Angling was a one off and cannot be repeated. Can anyone advise me where I can buy the DVD version please?
Try the APFA website Chris. :Hat:

http://www.passionforangling.info/passion%20for.html
Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

Post Reply

Return to “Traditional Fishing DVD's”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest