Airfix Fishing Rod

Other traditional odds and sods can be found in here.
Aitch
Barbel

Re: Airfix Fishing Rod

Post by Aitch »

When I was nought but a dot, my Dad brought something like this back from Singapore... the reel was a moulded plastic affair that incorporated a handle with a preformed chequered grip, the rod itself was made of a very stiff non flexible wire with plastic eyes moulded into the ends with a preformed plastic ferrule... it was totally useless as a rod and the float was a huge plastic black and white bob float thatcwould have needed an ounce of lead to cock...
Just one more cast love, and I'll be on me way home

Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but pictures and memories

Delaminated
Bleak

Post by Delaminated »

Hi PH,

I will keep my eyes peeled for one if it perchance appears at a Bootie or flea market. If by a miracle one has survived and I spot it, I will get it off to you.
If you get to use one of those bijou wands, the Gods of Angling will allow that a personal best takes the bait, no promise given to land the fish is included!
Seriously, if one was to use this little rod in the margins of any water with a reasonable stock of silvers your challenge should be met.
I think the hardest part by far is to find the little rod.
I wish you success in your quest.

Regards Tom.

PershoreHarrier
Tench

Post by PershoreHarrier »

Delaminated wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:09 pm Hi PH,

I will keep my eyes peeled for one if it perchance appears at a Bootie or flea market. If by a miracle one has survived and I spot it, I will get it off to you.
If you get to use one of those bijou wands, the Gods of Angling will allow that a personal best takes the bait, no promise given to land the fish is included!
Seriously, if one was to use this little rod in the margins of any water with a reasonable stock of silvers your challenge should be met.
I think the hardest part by far is to find the little rod.
I wish you success in your quest.

Regards Tom.
Thanks Tom that is most kind - and to think I thought finding an original Milwards Craftversa would be a great challenge - it is clear that one of these 1960s Woolworths £1 specials tops it with ease.

Return to “Other Traditional Items of Tackle”