not very traditional i guess

Other traditional odds and sods can be found in here.
Bjp
Chub

not very traditional i guess

Post by Bjp »

I am thinking of buying a shakespeare beta box in green for quick sessions and indeed river fishing , i already have a black team box and a breakaway harness and backrest that was purchased for sea fishing but i have found it is to big. i need something that i can carry like a rucksack because of back issues and something to sit on with support for the same reason, so my breakaway seems to fit the bill.

A creel is more traditional i know but carrying it and no backrest is a big issue, unless i could somehow fit the harness to it.

Not very traditional i know a big lump of green plastic but needs must, anyone else use a beta box? is it big enough for your needs.

regards

bjp :Hat:

Match Aerial
Arctic Char

Re: not very traditional i guess

Post by Match Aerial »

Hi Bjp

Have you looked at one of these type of seats?
I have had the blue team box and the beta but find these bags lighter and big enough for my needs.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FOLDING-BACKP ... 1123851648

Fred
Grayling

Post by Fred »

Hi Bjp
I use a beta box and it dos me even if it is blue. I use in the winter to take the wear and tear of my older sweatboxes.
I find it’s just the right size for my entire tackle, flask, sandwiches plus my camera and it keeps every thing dry and out of the mud.
It’s not too heavy as long as you put too much in it.
Fish come and go, but it is the memory of afternoons on the stream that endure

Ljm183
Rainbow Trout

Post by Ljm183 »

An Efgeeco Pakaseat or the modern day equivalent

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Matt-Hayes-Ha ... 5b0cdac936

NiceRoach
Eel

Post by NiceRoach »

I think Shakey boxes are becoming pretty traditional, what's in a word. :fishing1:
Last edited by NiceRoach on Sun May 17, 2015 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
niceroach

DWW
Grayling

Post by DWW »

Sir,
It may not be exactly what you want , as its not a box but perhaps you might want to consider the Korum "Ruckbag" and chair ?I have used the combination for the last 5 or more years . The system works brilliantly and the fact that you can carry a comfortable chair and rucksack in one , leaving hands free , is fantatstic. I fish a lot of the local rivers for Pike where a long walk ( sometimes a couple of miles ) is the norm . The ruckbag is great for this and comfortable to carry even when fully loaded . The ruckbag also lies flat so you can access everything easily , with suitable sized compartments etc . A fine piece of kit ! So much so that the group of anglers I regularly fish with all have one now !Sorry I know its not a traditional item.

Match Aerial
Arctic Char

Post by Match Aerial »

Firebird wrote:What not get a rucksack plus a light chair. That's what I do. Baskets/creels are lovely in photographs, murder to carry.

I will go along with that Firebird but I would also add "seat boxes" to the list.

The worst buy I ever made was a Continental box made by Matchbox it weighed a ton no wonder match anglers need an electric trolley to shift em ,crazy, Lol.

My other set up is an Aldi bag and a folding stool which goes in my net bag. I am a great believer in traveling light.

Bjp
Chub

Post by Bjp »

Match Aerial wrote:Hi Bjp

Have you looked at one of these type of seats?
I have had the blue team box and the beta but find these bags lighter and big enough for my needs.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FOLDING-BACKP ... 1123851648

I do have something like that item made by shakespeare and they are just not stable enough for my needs but thank for you input

regards

Bjp
Chub

Post by Bjp »

Ljm183 wrote:An Efgeeco Pakaseat or the modern day equivalent

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Matt-Hayes-Ha ... 5b0cdac936
that looks like a tidy bit of kit

regards

Bjp
Chub

Post by Bjp »

DWW wrote:Sir,
It may not be exactly what you want , as its not a box but perhaps you might want to consider the Korum "Ruckbag" and chair ?I have used the combination for the last 5 or more years . The system works brilliantly and the fact that you can carry a comfortable chair and rucksack in one , leaving hands free , is fantatstic. I fish a lot of the local rivers for Pike where a long walk ( sometimes a couple of miles ) is the norm . The ruckbag is great for this and comfortable to carry even when fully loaded . The ruckbag also lies flat so you can access everything easily , with suitable sized compartments etc . A fine piece of kit ! So much so that the group of anglers I regularly fish with all have one now !Sorry I know its not a traditional item.
Not traditional but a well thought out item food for thought that's for sure

regards

bjp

Return to “Other Traditional Items of Tackle”