vintage tackle tins

Other traditional odds and sods can be found in here.
RBTraditional
Catfish

vintage tackle tins

Post by RBTraditional »

Well I braved it again today in the high winds and rapidly rising water levels for a few hours on the upper Medway....all to no avail fish wise, but I had a lovely day none the less....I watched a young kestrel hunting...I think it faired better than I did and I was surprised by the amount of bird life along the river generally. Whilst sitting there wondering how the mighty Hammers were fairing against Manchester United at old Trafford I was looking at my tackle tins and remembered Marks recent post on the subject so I thought I'd take a snap and share them with you.....they have all got history and have all been passed down from dad and uncles....I have quite a collection but these are the four I currently use....the round one contains swivels and beads, the A1 hooks, the blue one ledgers and shot and the Nut Brown odds and sods they fit nicely into a barbour and it frees me up for the long walks involved on this area if the river. ...been off the fags now for four months but it somehow keeps me in touch with something I enjoyed very much.....but i do miss the click and clunk of my zippo......ha!
" Angling is not an escape from life, but often a deeper immersion into it..."

https://thepiscatorialraconteurs.co.uk/

GhyllManor
Grayling

Re: vintage tackle tins

Post by GhyllManor »

Great use of the evocative tobacco tins, I also use a few. :Thumb:

Wallys-Cast
Pike

Post by Wallys-Cast »

Nice old tins Rob, I have a few too and all slightly different, its amazing how you never forget what tackle is inside which tin. I have used them so many times, I can tell which tin I need just by touch.

Wal.

GazTheAngler

Post by GazTheAngler »

Nice tins Rob, my end tackle lives in 3 baccy tins and my hooks are in their packets in s Tom thumb tin.

Reedling
Catfish

Post by Reedling »

Four months off the fags, that is what I call a real result RBT, brilliant. :Hat:

ExeAngler
Chub

Post by ExeAngler »

I have become very interested in tins, (I had no interest in them at all this time last year). This has been a result of being on the forum and to see what other people use them for and have done with them.

Maybe, yes definitely, it has awoke memories of my childhood. Of seeing old British things that were pre 1950s, at older relatives houses. Of a more simple life? I hope it carries on. It is interesting how you forget things over the passage of time and then something re-awakens them.

Creel
Ruffe

Post by Creel »

Very nice tins I use some myself.

Stuart Whiting

Post by Stuart Whiting »

RBTraditional wrote:Well I braved it again today in the high winds and rapidly rising water levels for a few hours on the upper Medway....all to no avail fish wise, but I had a lovely day none the less....I watched a young kestrel hunting...I think it faired better than I did and I was surprised by the amount of bird life along the river generally. Whilst sitting there wondering how the mighty Hammers were fairing against Manchester United at old Trafford I was looking at my tackle tins and remembered Marks recent post on the subject so I thought I'd take a snap and share them with you.....they have all got history and have all been passed down from dad and uncles....I have quite a collection but these are the four I currently use....the round one contains swivels and beads, the A1 hooks, the blue one ledgers and shot and the Nut Brown odds and sods they fit nicely into a barbour and it frees me up for the long walks involved on this area if the river. ...been off the fags now for four months but it somehow keeps me in touch with something I enjoyed very much.....but i do miss the click and clunk of my zippo......ha!
Nice one Rob,

Unlucky on the fishing today, I was I two minds to come up onto the Medway meself today for a roach session but aborted me trip because of the high pressure from last night and slight ground frost we had here in north Kent this morning, definitely not the best of roach conditions :Thumbsdown::

Luv the bacca tins mate, I've got a little collection meself and use about the same amount of tins in me little roving rucksack that I keep pkts of hooks, shot and small ledgers in etc :Hat:

Return to “Other Traditional Items of Tackle”