Maxima main line

Other traditional odds and sods can be found in here.
Shaun Harrison
Zander

Re: Maxima main line

Post by Shaun Harrison »

You have been very fortunate then, presuming your scales are still checked and still relatively accurate. The sudden snatch back of the spring when the line parts creates different issues in different scales.

Ryeman
Roach

Post by Ryeman »

Shaun, thank, I hadn't thought of that. Mine is just a simple spring, which is good for 15 lb, but , when line-testing, doesn't usually get beyond 5 or 6. Maybe that is why it has stayed the course.
I take your point about testing, and will do it tomorrow - with some bags of flour, when my wife is out...

Alan

Shaun Harrison
Zander

Post by Shaun Harrison »

You or someone else can enjoy the next 50 years with the scales that way. Look after them, they've done you proud. :Hat:

Ryeman
Roach

Post by Ryeman »

Shaun, I've just checked my spring balance, which is marked in quarter pounds. I weighed two 1.5kg bags of flour, which translates to 6.6 lb. They weighed in at 6.75 lb. Very close. The weight of the paper flour bags, or the generosity of Morrisons could easily account for the slight difference.
I'm quite relieved. It seems that all those 5lb + chub I have been catching from the River Rye really were five pounders after all....

Alan

Shaun Harrison
Zander

Post by Shaun Harrison »

:cheers:

ReelMaker
Brown Trout

Post by ReelMaker »

Dear friends,I have now received an email from Maxima saying the 2-5lb line which I had a problem with was a fault in manufacturing and they agreed to send me a new spool,the line is brittle and fractured so I will still use there line as they where so helpful in sorting the problem out.Reelmaker

Reedling
Catfish

Post by Reedling »

It is nice to hear that you got a good result, some don't bother with a reply at all so it shows they care re the quality of the product and your business to them. If you are happy with the line when you use it, send them an email telling them so, you never know they may send you a lifetimes supply. :eyebrow:

Nobby
Wild Carp

Post by Nobby »

I wonder how many other anglers have bought that line? Is there a product recall.....???

ReelMaker
Brown Trout

Post by ReelMaker »

Dear friends,Another email To-day saying that maxima lines are sending me 250yrds of new line a cap a knot instruction book and some other promotional gifts ,now you can't fault that kind of service.Reelmaker

Robbi
Tench

Post by Robbi »

That's really good :)

restores the faith in customer services.
"In the back roads by the rivers of my memory"

Return to “Other Traditional Items of Tackle”