Name that chair!

Other traditional odds and sods can be found in here.
Trevor
Eel

Re: Name that chair!

Post by Trevor »

There are modern Lafuma chairs on Amazon.
Or have a look at British Army Land Rover chairs. Similar sort of thing, but sit a bit higher.

Olly
Wild Carp

Post by Olly »

http://www.lafuma.co.uk/

CB Airshell

CB Airshell
View Larger Image
Average rating: ☆☆☆☆☆ (0 reviews)
Price: £30.00 inc. vat.
RRP: £45.00
Colour

Acier

QTY
Add to Basket
Product Details

The CB picnic chair is an extremely versatile product with a carry strap for easy transportation. An exclusive Lafuma security system protects against pinching when folding or collapsing when open.

This product is a new concept for Lafuma. The Airshell creates a soft comfortable touch without the thickness of padding. This innovation is based on the combination of a grille and a mesh which guarantees optimum comfort and ventilation. This nice looking fabric is as practical to use as dries quickly and is UV resistant which guarantees comfort and style no matter the weather.

Dimensions:

55 x 45 x 5.5 cm (folded)

44 x 45 x 54 (open)

Weight : 1.30 kg

User Weight Limit : 100 kg

Customer Reviews

A very lightweight chair - but also very low to the ground! Cheaper prices are found elsewhere!

CrayCane
Chub

Post by CrayCane »

The Lafuma chairs are great as far as carrying weight is concerned but being so low to ground I found it impossible to get up from without somehow rolling onto my knees then scrambling upright, not easy if your attached to a angry barbel.

Pete

Olly
Wild Carp

Post by Olly »

That happens as you get older I have found - I always hope the lunging barbel will help me up!

They do make a higher model for me and other 'oldies'!

Good picture of a chair - I think it is the same one - in PFA - Midwinter Madness - at 31.29 - where Bob was snapped off by a pike whilst roach fishing the weedtrap on the Craven Estate on the Kennet.

OrangeJonny
Dace

Post by OrangeJonny »

Olly wrote: Good picture of a chair - I think it is the same one - in PFA - Midwinter Madness - at 31.29 - where Bob was snapped off by a pike whilst roach fishing the weedtrap on the Craven Estate on the Kennet.
That's exactly the one I'm looking for Olly.

I did look at the modern CB version but I think I'd like something made from canvas and a bit more 'worn in' if you know what I mean.

They seem to be a bit thin on the ground now. Even when I search for completed listings there hasn't been one for sale.

Olly
Wild Carp

Post by Olly »

Another Company made one very similar but with 2 back 'ground rests' for the different heights for sloping banks. They were not 'legs' though - just a bar.

OrangeJonny
Dace

Post by OrangeJonny »

Fox also made the adjusta level chair, the earlier ones being made of a canvas like waterproof material. However they're still a bit modern for me.

Now I know what it is though I might put a wanted ad on here.

Thanks for helping me figure it out.

Return to “Other Traditional Items of Tackle”