A feel good story for Easter.

Other traditional odds and sods can be found in here.
Shaun Harrison
Zander

A feel good story for Easter.

Post by Shaun Harrison »

Earier I read a most delightful post on the Chub Fishing Facebook page by a angler that had found a RBTraditional rod rest left behind on the river at the end of the season. This rod rest also had Chris Yates's name on it. The angler put a request on Facebook for a contact for Chris and was promptly helped out. Chris invited him to his house last night to sit and chat the hours away which the angler was enthralled by with Chris being one of his hero's.
My faith in mankind has once again risen for the anglers honesty and Chris's generosity in both time and gifts the angler left with.
Happy Easter to all.

Mark
Head Bailiff

Re: A feel good story for Easter.

Post by Mark »

Yes it was lovely story.
Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

Stuart Whiting

Post by Stuart Whiting »

There are truly some nice and genuine people out there, hats off to the fella and also Chris :Hat:

Stuart

Trilob
Chub

Post by Trilob »

Ive seen that first post about looking for the owner of the found rod rest. I can't say I was surprised mr Yates had forgotten/lost his. It fits perfectly in the picture I have of him in my mind. A great character and a bit of a scatterbrain.

Great story it is :)

(hope this all has been some sort of understandable english hehe)

Mushy
Arctic Char

Post by Mushy »

Yes a great gesture from a very kind and humble icon, although he'd probably shudder at such a description!
Best Fishes
Mushy

Paul D

Post by Paul D »

Hats off indeed, there are those that would have kept that as a "trophy", well done that angler. :Hat:

RBTraditional
Catfish

Post by RBTraditional »

I have thanked the chap, also called Chris personally and promised him a pair of his own RBT rod rests to reward him for his honesty.....When I spoke to CY on the phone to inform him it'd had been found he was over the moon.....and enjoying a Saturday afternoon listening to his beloved Southampton FC winning a game of football for once!
" Angling is not an escape from life, but often a deeper immersion into it..."

https://thepiscatorialraconteurs.co.uk/

Nobby
Wild Carp

Post by Nobby »

Rather worrying that Yatesy can be traced through Facebook! He'll be buying a computer next....

What IS the world coming too?

Shaun Harrison
Zander

Post by Shaun Harrison »

RBTraditional wrote:I have thanked the chap, also called Chris personally and promised him a pair of his own RBT rod rests to reward him for his honesty.....When I spoke to CY on the phone to inform him it'd had been found he was over the moon.....and enjoying a Saturday afternoon listening to his beloved Southampton FC winning a game of football for once!
Superb RBT my Good Friday feeling is getting even better still. Honest angler now being rewarded with what he gave back. Honesty rewarded to the nth degree.

RBTraditional
Catfish

Post by RBTraditional »

Nobby wrote:Rather worrying that Yatesy can be traced through Facebook! He'll be buying a computer next....

What IS the world coming too?
He wasn't traced through FB as such Nobby.....the info regards the post was passed onto me by Mark I don't do FB, and I phoned both of the Chris's and put them in touch with one another.....
" Angling is not an escape from life, but often a deeper immersion into it..."

https://thepiscatorialraconteurs.co.uk/

Return to “Other Traditional Items of Tackle”