Stools

Other traditional odds and sods can be found in here.
Danny Boy
Arctic Char

Re: Stools

Post by Danny Boy »

here you go mr budget http://www.military1st.co.uk/products/3 ... 0wodcIEC7A best hurry not many left.
I go fishing not to find myself...but to lose myself

Gawanabana
Ruffe

Post by Gawanabana »

OldTackle wrote:
Nobby wrote:A few ideas here:

http://www.fly-fishing-tackle.co.uk/aca ... tools.html

I've got the 'folding chair with rod rests'...it takes my 16 stone OK. It does rock on uneven ground, of course, but it's not a problem as I sit pretty still when fishing.
I have that little rucksack chair with the back rest called Deluxe close to the bottom of the page. Can't complain about it. I think Yates has one too...
I use the same one. While i cant fault the stool i do find the backpack quite uncomfortable to carry long distances.
Poached Roach

Olly
Wild Carp

Post by Olly »

Shakespeare Folding stool with cooler bag - been using for several years as a tackle bag/seat when trotting/mobile ledgering/as an occasional seat when fly fishing. Easy to carry over one shoulder, rod/net & bait bag in either hand. Excellent and solved many different bags/holdalls hanging off me!

Stour Otter
Grayling

Post by Stour Otter »

Lovely selection of fishing seats/stools. I finally ditched all my modern ones and returned to an old favourite the "RestaWhile" 50's classic. Of course I had to replace the multi coloured stripped nylon canvas for a more suitable look and polish up my sewing skills, but the finished result was very pleasing.

Stour Otter

The good angler is not the one with expensive equipment. Common sense, observation and trying to realize
what is happening above and below water will catch fish no matter what price equipment you fish with.
L.A. Parker - This Fishing 1948

Nobby
Wild Carp

Post by Nobby »

That's Efgeeco turquoise, that is! Perfect.

Aitch
Pike

Post by Aitch »

https://www.avidcarp.com/Videos/Player/ ... -Low-Chair

I have one of these for my stalking exploits.... brill bit of kit... :Thumb:
Just one more cast love, and I'll be on me way home

Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but pictures and memories

ClydeBuilt

Post by ClydeBuilt »

As I mentioned elsewhere, the foldable stools are pretty good, just make sure you try it out before use ?
Mine was found to dig into my back when leaning back, even with a light jacket on!
Solution: I up-ended it in my joners vice, trapping the vertical part in an old blanket and gently 'persuaded' a slight curve into the two upright tubes.
Now its a delight to use and would almost certainly have been side-lined otherwise.

Cheers

Mark_N
Bleak

Post by Mark_N »

Has anyone seen or used these?

http://www.helinox.eu/chairs.html

know they are not traditional but look strong and lightweight (but expensive).
There are 2 types of people in this world.... those that "get" fishing .... and those that don't

Vole
Rainbow Trout

Post by Vole »

I think it was member "Hamburger" who suggested a shower stool a while back - they're much more comfortable than three-legged nutcrackers and wire-framed, butt-biting balancing-trainers, and the legs are individually adjustable. Waterproof, natch.

Just checked - it was. Here:viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6316&p=88064&hilit ... ool#p88064

I was lucky enough to snaffle one off ebay. The white seat is a bit of a put-off, but the fish don't see it until they are lifted out in the landing net, and I haven't had one point a fin at it and snigger (yet). If I don't want to lug a chair or box, it's my go-to seat.
"Write drunk, edit sober" - Hemingway.
Hemingway didn't have to worry about accidentally hitting "submit" before he edited.

Match Aerial
Arctic Char

Post by Match Aerial »

Needs some way of attaching mud feet and it would be good for soft river banks vole.

Return to “Other Traditional Items of Tackle”