Seat Basket / Box ?

Other traditional odds and sods can be found in here.
Jon Math
Minnow

Seat Basket / Box ?

Post by Jon Math »

Are the wicker type seat boxes still made? They are rare here in the US, and all I find are beaten up, broken down, frequently dry rotted things mostly sold for use as decorative home furnishings.
My type keeps showing up in the wrong places; usually clutching a severed head in one hand and a knife in the other…so it's not catch me if you can, it's catch me if you dare.

Coral Maestro
Chub

Re: Seat Basket / Box ?

Post by Coral Maestro »

There seem to be lots of fishing creels available online but not many actual baskets.
Here was one I found from a British company but that may not be much help to you in the US http://www.hastingwoodbasketworks.com/p ... ng-basket/
They can make them according to the size you require. (see link for more info)
Failing that there seem to be a few available used.
What do they know of fishing who know only one fish and one way to fish for him?
- Jack Hargreaves.

ReelMaker
Brown Trout

Post by ReelMaker »

Lovely quality baskets and not to expensive

Barbulus
Tench

Post by Barbulus »

Northern Nomad has one for sale I think at a very fair price ......... unless it has since sold ?

BoltonBullfinch
Arctic Char

Post by BoltonBullfinch »

I also have a large very good condition basket, but I'm sure the postage to the states would be astronomical.

Thanks
BB
'We fish a lot' Forrest Gump.

Barbelseeker
Brown Trout

Post by Barbelseeker »

Good quality fishing baskets as made by my father, over 40 years ago, are hard to find. Watch out for woodworm, broken bottoms. Cane ones are harder to find. If you are serious and can stand the cost to the USA, I will keep me eyes open. But that said, I haven't seen a good one for over 3 months.

Well I lie, just looked at that site, and see 2 of his, sold in the last 3 months for about £20. as BB says - shipping might be very high.

Champ
Chub

Post by Champ »

I too have a nice seat basket, some Efgeeco seat And ruckboxes and an Efgeeco Pakaseat that i need to shift but as they need to be collected its not an option i guess. :roll:

Northern_Nomad
Arctic Char

Post by Northern_Nomad »

Barbulus wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:23 pm Northern Nomad has one for sale I think at a very fair price ......... unless it has since sold ?
Nope...still there. A traditional basket for under a tenner and for an extra fiver delivered to your favourite armchair. I thought my arm would have been ripped off but alas no.

Matthew....- I told you I lack presence :fingertap: :laugh1: :laugh1: :laugh1:
"We knelt side by side looking at it. I knew it was big, and suddenly it dawned on me it was more than that. It was tremendous!" - Richard Walker

Barbulus
Tench

Post by Barbulus »

Neil ... judging by your PM this evening, I think I shall look forward to "presents" ... :Ok:

You really need to get that website set up for all kinds of fantastic traditional tackle that you design and make from your workshop ... :Tongue:

Penninelad
Arctic Char

Post by Penninelad »

I have a medium sized whisker basket in excellent condition for sale with a strap for £10 collected.PM for photographs.I thought it may have been made by Barbelseekers father but when he examined it(at Ravenfield last year) he said that was not the case.If not sold beforehand I will bring it along to the Canebenders v Matchmen's Challenge at Ravenfield.
Mark Davies

Return to “Other Traditional Items of Tackle”