Large Cane

Other traditional odds and sods can be found in here.
Rod
Grayling

Large Cane

Post by Rod »

I was sorting out my man cave, and came across some old cane, that I received in a bundle of other stuff I wanted. It looks like the lower sections of a Roach pole, the thickest parts are over two inches in diameter, but being me, I dont have the heart to just bin it, I believe it would make some nice float tubes or shot pots, there are two lengths about 4 foot 6 inches to 5 foot long, with brass end sleeves. It would do great if some one has the ability and tools to make end stops, and seeing as I have neither, I thought maybe some one here would like it, the cost of P&P would be easier on my pocket if I could cut it in half, but would like to know just where to make the cuts, so not to waste any, ie, across a nodule or where? If anyone is interested please let me know by PM, and I will take proper measurements and some photo's, before you make your mind up.
Rod
An old man, who's only pleasure left in life, is sitting by some water, fiddling with his maggots?

Richard C
Brown Trout

Re: Large Cane

Post by Richard C »

pm sent
"We shall not cease from exploration. And the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.".
T. S Eliot
http://richard-cleaver.blogspot.co.uk/

Return to “Other Traditional Items of Tackle”