Andy Field/ Chris Lythe Floats

Other traditional odds and sods can be found in here.
Kingfisher2007

Andy Field/ Chris Lythe Floats

Post by Kingfisher2007 »

Hi I think floats made by Andy Field ,Chris Lythe . they are awesome but expensive. I am going to purchase some in the future .
However I don't know wether to use them. I am wondering if anyone on here has them and use them regulaurly ?

I have just brought some made by Ian Lewis and am planning to use them.

I don't know what will happen if they get caught on something. as being 65.
When I was 11/12 the line with my Perch Bobber got caught on the River bed. the line snapped. so I went in after it in my underpants.

I seem to get in the water over the years. playing fish, saving birds. that are caught up. Even jumping in to hold a Tarpon for a picture in Florida. Had to rugby tackle it. and in India water over the waist.

I look forward to hearing from the membership.

Kind Regards

Olly
Wild Carp

Re: Andy Field/ Chris Lythe Floats

Post by Olly »

I don't think a float is possibly worth my life.

If I lose one it is a couple of quid. The better ones are attached to 20lb line with a 2lb hook-length when fishing or sit in my study!

Mark
Head Bailiff

Post by Mark »

I have some of Pauls Cooks and Andy Fields floats and although they are very nice I have used them and lost a few but do not use them anymore which is a shame but they do cost a few bob. Now I make my own floats and don't care in the slightest if I loose any of them because I can always make some more.
Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Post by Dave Burr »

Trust me, there's few sights sadder or more frustrating than watching your Chris Lythe fluted Avon float wafting in the breeze whilst hanging from an out of reach branch. But hey, it's just a float. I use and lose floats of all values but treasure those with sentimental value the highest. It's just about getting your head around it.

Reedling
Catfish

Post by Reedling »

Buy your floats for a purpose either to use or display in a cabinet, that way you will be able to fish without worry, and the task in hand will not be affected by restraint.

Return to “Other Traditional Items of Tackle”