Line choice

Other traditional odds and sods can be found in here.
Tengisgol
Barbel

Re: Line choice

Post by Tengisgol »

Maxima. With a floatant when I need it or a pull through a rag with washing up liquid when I want it to sink. It will never let you down!
Where the willows meet the water...

https://sites.google.com/site/tengisgol/

Olly
Wild Carp

Post by Olly »

Sensor also comes in 300m spools ideal for sticking in the car - just in case! 6 refills for a centrepin.

Bjp
Chub

Post by Bjp »

have maxima on my mitchells for ledgering but use power pro on my pins, i use 50yards and the rest i use as hoolinks have them in a range of sizes to suit situation

regards

bjp :Hat:

DWW
Grayling

Post by DWW »

Drennan Floatfish for any float fishing funnily enough ! Plus Maxima for everything else up to 15lb . I do use 20lb Berkley triline for pike fishing as well.

Reedling
Catfish

Post by Reedling »

I am a Maximan.

Macko
Grayling

Post by Macko »

Bass Pro Excel on fixed spool reels, Maxima on pins for lakes and rivers bottom fishing and float fishing, Bayer Perlon
for trotting.

ATB Macko

Nobby
Wild Carp

Post by Nobby »

Drenan Floatfish IS Bayer Perlon..or at least it was. It seemed that Floatfish was discontinued but then re-introduced, .... possibly as a result of so many folk wanting it back!

I found the Supplex that Drennan said was to replace Floatfish very fragile in the lower strengths...the 3lb was pretty awful, but the 4 and 6 less so...weird!

I'm not a Maxima fan myself, too dark for clear water, I've seen carp spook at the sight of it and it does snap without giving much stretch, causing some folk to think it is defective...but in truth you just have to get experience handling it. If it gets kinked, try stretching it taught running your fingers along it to heat it up and then slowly releasing the tension to let it cool down again. It'll invariably drop dead straight again. Not many lines can do that! There isn't, as far as I am aware, a tackle shop that doesn't sell Maxima....that surely says a lot!

If you do want a Maxima alternative, you might try fluoro line, like Berkeley Vanish. It needs the knots watching, they can loosen and it must be a coarse fluoro line, not a stiff game one for turning a fly over....but it sinks like a stone...great for waggler fishing.

Paul D

Post by Paul D »

I couldn't get on with supplex either, glad float fish is back. :Thumb:

Return to “Other Traditional Items of Tackle”