Efgeeco rod pod....

Other traditional odds and sods can be found in here.
Michael
Tench

Efgeeco rod pod....

Post by Michael »

I`ve just seen an Efgeeco single rod pod, with two rod rests, all dating from the late 70`s to early/mid 80`s, sold on a certain auction site for £93! :Confused:

I wouldn't, by any stretch of the imagination, have called it vintage. The later Efgeeco versions were black or or plain alloy, with the Efgeeco sticker wrapped around. The original 60`s Efgeeco pods and rod rests were the Efgeeco brown, with brass securing collar and key, this was followed on, with the version which had the plastic collar & alloy key!

I wonder what the original 60`s are worth now? Here's what the original rod pod looks like.....
Efgeeco rod pod.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Michael on Sat May 27, 2017 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Olly
Wild Carp

Re: Efgeeco rod pod....

Post by Olly »

An Efgeeco pod & rod rest gone for ------------------ £87.00

(C***on one £260+!!!)

Reedling
Catfish

Post by Reedling »

I have an Efgeeco brown coloured extendable tripod in its original bag, is that what you are calling a rod pod?

Olly
Wild Carp

Post by Olly »

I think the word should be tri-pod in my post!

Michael
Tench

Post by Michael »

Reedling wrote: Sat May 27, 2017 4:15 pm I have an Efgeeco brown coloured extendable tripod in its original bag, is that what you are calling a rod pod?

No Reedling, this is what I`m referring to, this is the original version.
Efgeeco rod pod.jpg

I actually use the Efgeeco tri-pod* when I need to keep the rod top high when after chub or barbel and there's a load of rubbish flowing by....

*Again this comes in two versions, the difference again is that the securing collars are plastic and tightening screw/keys are the alloy type
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Reedling
Catfish

Post by Reedling »

Ah, I see Michael, I shall have to keep an eye out for one of those around the boot fairs it looks like a handy tool. :Hat:

Return to “Other Traditional Items of Tackle”