Help! Rod ring

Other traditional odds and sods can be found in here.
User avatar
Nobby
Wild Carp
Posts: 9898
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:40 pm
Location: S.W.Surrey
Contact:

Re: Help! Rod ring

Post by Nobby » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:05 pm

No Seymo is the trade name of Hopkins and Holloway. I'm told because the designer was called Seymour. Those Fuji rings had tall loops hanging below the main body of the ring and when you put a single section on a table, eyes down, they stayed put!

User avatar
Tonytoned
Grayling
Posts: 558
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:07 am
Location: Hampshire
Contact:

Re: Help! Rod ring

Post by Tonytoned » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:30 pm

Nobby wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:05 pm
No Seymo is the trade name of Hopkins and Holloway. I'm told because the designer was called Seymour. Those Fuji rings had tall loops hanging below the main body of the ring and when you put a single section on a table, eyes down, they stayed put!
I do remember Fuji rings black and green. In our early carp days late 70's, one of our friends used these rings for some carp blanks they had purchased. Interesting about Seymo rings.

User avatar
Olly
Barbel
Posts: 4815
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:58 pm
Location: Hants/Surrey/Berks borders.

Re: Help! Rod ring

Post by Olly » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:37 pm

I have the translucent Fuji rings as Nobby has described, on my glass rods I made. Plus the next ones, grey BPLT, type from the start of c***on rod making. Plus various others, from glass rods mainly.

User avatar
Tonytoned
Grayling
Posts: 558
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:07 am
Location: Hampshire
Contact:

Re: Help! Rod ring

Post by Tonytoned » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:05 pm

Olly wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:37 pm
I have the translucent Fuji rings as Nobby has described, on my glass rods I made. Plus the next ones, grey BPLT, type from the start of c***on rod making. Plus various others, from glass rods mainly.
This is all interesting stuff Olly.

User avatar
Tonytoned
Grayling
Posts: 558
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:07 am
Location: Hampshire
Contact:

Re: Help! Rod ring

Post by Tonytoned » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:14 pm

This is similar to the Fuji rings I remember.
bnhg__23991.1426013235.451.416.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Olly
Barbel
Posts: 4815
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:58 pm
Location: Hants/Surrey/Berks borders.

Re: Help! Rod ring

Post by Olly » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:00 pm

Yep - definitely a Fuji. ~ Used on glass rods as butt rings and their single legs as inters although I did use these all through on heavier (carp/pike) rods. The single legs were mostly for Avon, tench and barbel rods which made them slightly lighter and did not stiffen the blanks action.

User avatar
Nobby
Wild Carp
Posts: 9898
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:40 pm
Location: S.W.Surrey
Contact:

Re: Help! Rod ring

Post by Nobby » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:24 am

I've a JB Walker catalogue somewhere from the Seventies that includes these rings. If I can find it we'll at least have proper images and a model number. I'll have a look later.

User avatar
Reedling
Sea Trout
Posts: 4437
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:41 am
Location: Kent

Re: Help! Rod ring

Post by Reedling » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:24 am

I have a Savage carp rod that has those Fuji lined rings on as have some of my beachcasters, they are excellent quality. One beachcaster I have has those that are Luminous as well, after the light has shone on them they light up very brightly against the frosty night skies.

User avatar
Tonytoned
Grayling
Posts: 558
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:07 am
Location: Hampshire
Contact:

Re: Help! Rod ring

Post by Tonytoned » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:40 am

Nobby wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:24 am
I've a JB Walker catalogue somewhere from the Seventies that includes these rings. If I can find it we'll at least have proper images and a model number. I'll have a look later.
That'll be interesting to find out Nobby

User avatar
Tonytoned
Grayling
Posts: 558
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:07 am
Location: Hampshire
Contact:

Re: Help! Rod ring

Post by Tonytoned » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:41 am

Reedling wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:24 am
I have a Savage carp rod that has those Fuji lined rings on as have some of my beachcasters, they are excellent quality. One beachcaster I have has those that are Luminous as well, after the light has shone on them they light up very brightly against the frosty night skies.
I remember those well from the early carping days Reedling.

Post Reply

Return to “Other Traditional Items of Tackle”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests