Rod bags

Other traditional odds and sods can be found in here.
Stathamender
Tench

Re: Rod bags

Post by Stathamender »

Duckett wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:08 pm Does anyone have contact details for the lady? Thanks.

Phil
ellen.lawrence345@btinternet.com was the address Nobby gave six years ago. Don't know if it's still active.
Iain

What is your favourite word?
I suspect it could be “love”, despite its drawbacks in the rhyming department.
Björn Ulvaeus

Duckett
Tench

Post by Duckett »

Stathamender wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:12 pm
Duckett wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:08 pm Does anyone have contact details for the lady? Thanks.

Phil
ellen.lawrence345@btinternet.com was the address Nobby gave six years ago. Don't know if it's still active.
Thanks Iain.
From "... the wilds of the Wirral, whose wayward people both God and good men have quite given up on ...".

Tengisgol
Barbel

Post by Tengisgol »

Ellen is fantastic, excellent quality, great value, made to measure! No need to look any further :Thumb:
Where the willows meet the water...

https://sites.google.com/site/tengisgol/

Loop Erimder
Wild Carp

Post by Loop Erimder »

Lea Dweller wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:00 pm
Loop Erimder wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:00 pm Would anyone have a nice picture of an Ellen lawrence rod bag and a price
Hello Loop, I know that Black Prince has posted some pictures of a couple of rod bags for you. The ones that Ellen is making for me are in khaki, if you wanted that?
All the best,
Ted
Black Prince wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:14 pm ImageImageHere you go for my mk 4 carp rods ties top middle bottom six different colours I won’t say the price but you won’t belive it :Hat: mike
Many thanks gents..... would Ellen know the measurements for the mkiv carp rod bags.... then again I can simply measure mine :doh:
Thanks again all
Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish

GhyllManor
Grayling

Post by GhyllManor »

Tengisgol wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:34 pm Ellen is fantastic, excellent quality, great value, made to measure! No need to look any further :Thumb:
How right you are, Ellen has made several for me over the years, all top notch.
Ted

Nobby
Wild Carp

Post by Nobby »

I haven't actually had Ellen make me any bags for a few years now, but her prices were always the keenest by far. Several of us suggested to her that she could easily ask a little more, but she wasn't interested in charging any more for her fine bags.

They are, generally of a higher quality than original bags, but then what wouldn't be! One splash of water and they shrank!

If you would like a printed label on the bag Wendy Ward, wife of rod-maker Chris, does fine bags too, though more expensive.

https://www.rodcraftsman.com/product-page/cloth-rod-bag

Loop Erimder
Wild Carp

Post by Loop Erimder »

Does anyone have one of Ellen's bags in khaki or sage green..... so I can see the colour..... so many different variations of said colours....
Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish

Nobby
Wild Carp

Post by Nobby »

Ellen buys up job lots of spare cloth offcuts, so the colour varies. She struggled for years to find any khaki at all and what she has now might not be the same as what she used for bags for me some years ago.

Loop Erimder
Wild Carp

Post by Loop Erimder »

I'll be putting me order in today to Ellen.... when she told me the price I assumed it was per bag (which I thought was very good) then she corrected me that it was for the 3 bags!... delivery not until July but I'm in no rush..... and quite a few colours to choose from..... l'm torn between 2 colours

Duckett
Tench

Post by Duckett »

Stathamender wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:12 pm

Phil
I can now confirm that the email address works. As Loop says above, Ellen is currently offering July delivery dates but quality is always worth waiting for.
From "... the wilds of the Wirral, whose wayward people both God and good men have quite given up on ...".

Return to “Other Traditional Items of Tackle”