Unusual Bankstick.

Other traditional odds and sods can be found in here.
User avatar
LuckyLuca
Barbel
Posts: 4515
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:20 am
Location: Oxfordshire

Unusual Bankstick.

Post by LuckyLuca » Sat May 19, 2018 5:33 pm

Another little gem rescued from the carboot sale.
An extendable aluminium and brass bankstick with a lock fitting I've not seen before. Is anyone familiar with these. Certainly feels very well made.
Shame about the peeling paint but it gives me a little project. Effgeeco green perhaps?

Image
Image
Image
I walked across an empty land
I knew the pathway like the back of my hand
I felt the earth beneath my feet
Sat by the river and it made me complete.

User avatar
Old Man River
Rudd
Posts: 345
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:43 pm
Location: Yorkshire

Re: Unusual Bankstick.

Post by Old Man River » Sat May 19, 2018 5:47 pm

Looks pretty much like a bankstick I use when Barbel fishing, not sure it very old at all,I purchased mine in 2007, and it is going strong.... but nevertheless a nice little find, solidly made and wont collapse on you.

OMR
Hurrumph....... whatever happened to Handlines ?

User avatar
Jeremy Croxall
Arctic Char
Posts: 1614
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:05 am
Location: Matlock Derbyshire

Re: Unusual Bankstick.

Post by Jeremy Croxall » Sat May 19, 2018 6:38 pm

Quality job, very nice what ever its age and very useable. Nice find, well done!

User avatar
Fredline
Grayling
Posts: 559
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 1:10 pm
Location: East End of the City

Re: Unusual Bankstick.

Post by Fredline » Sat May 19, 2018 9:32 pm

For a bank stick that is a cracker.
If you have no grease with you, and your rings are full of ice, do not cut out the ice with a pen-knife but get your man to put the rings one by one in his mouth, and so to thaw the ice.
John Bickerdyke.

User avatar
Tonytoned
Grayling
Posts: 558
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:07 am
Location: Hampshire
Contact:

Re: Unusual Bankstick.

Post by Tonytoned » Sat May 19, 2018 10:22 pm

Nice find Jeremy! Great colour and not seen a point like that.

:Thumb:

User avatar
Jeremy Croxall
Arctic Char
Posts: 1614
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:05 am
Location: Matlock Derbyshire

Re: Unusual Bankstick.

Post by Jeremy Croxall » Sat May 19, 2018 10:38 pm

Tonytoned wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 10:22 pm
Nice find Jeremy! Great colour and not seen a point like that.
:Thumb:
Not mine Tony, LuckyLuca's :Hat:

User avatar
Tonytoned
Grayling
Posts: 558
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:07 am
Location: Hampshire
Contact:

Re: Unusual Bankstick.

Post by Tonytoned » Sat May 19, 2018 10:53 pm

Jeremy Croxall wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 10:38 pm
Tonytoned wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 10:22 pm
Nice find Jeremy! Great colour and not seen a point like that.
:Thumb:
Not mine Tony, LuckyLuca's :Hat:
Sorry Jeremy. :Brickwall:

User avatar
Tonytoned
Grayling
Posts: 558
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:07 am
Location: Hampshire
Contact:

Re: Unusual Bankstick.

Post by Tonytoned » Sat May 19, 2018 10:54 pm

LuckyLuca wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 5:33 pm
Another little gem rescued from the carboot sale.
An extendable aluminium and brass bankstick with a lock fitting I've not seen before. Is anyone familiar with these. Certainly feels very well made.
Shame about the peeling paint but it gives me a little project. Effgeeco green perhaps?

Image
Image
Image
Nice find LuckyLuca! Great colour and not seen a point like that.

:Thumb:

User avatar
Jeremy Croxall
Arctic Char
Posts: 1614
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:05 am
Location: Matlock Derbyshire

Re: Unusual Bankstick.

Post by Jeremy Croxall » Sun May 20, 2018 7:34 am

Tonytoned wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 10:53 pm
Jeremy Croxall wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 10:38 pm
Tonytoned wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 10:22 pm
Nice find Jeremy! Great colour and not seen a point like that.
:Thumb:
Not mine Tony, LuckyLuca's :Hat:
Sorry Jeremy. :Brickwall:
No problem matey, we all do it! :Wink:

User avatar
Wagtail
Brown Trout
Posts: 1496
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:26 pm

Re: Unusual Bankstick.

Post by Wagtail » Sun May 20, 2018 9:38 pm

Nice bankstick that. The tip looks like an arrow head to me....
'The Chub is a very controversial fish. He has a strong army of supporters, but he has an almost equally strong army of detractors. The trouble is that the detractors do not know what they are talking about'. L. Vernon-Bates

Post Reply

Return to “Other Traditional Items of Tackle”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests