: : Vintage Catapult : :

Other traditional odds and sods can be found in here.
Pallenpool
Zander

: : Vintage Catapult : :

Post by Pallenpool »

I had an old and very tired looking catapult it was in a well used and rather neglected state - rusty, the leather pouch was rock solid and worn the wooden handle also being in poor shape not to mention a shot to pieces elastic and fixings. What to do? Well after receiving some splendid floats from Andy Batchelor and bearing in mind Andys own wonderful catapult creations I asked him if he would be kind enough to have a look at it for me.

The pult was duly sent and by quick return Andy suggested a restoration but not a full one allowing a degree of age be retained. This is the result a lovely vintage catapult replete with new leather pouch
a beautiful patina to the wood and metal with new elastic and fixings.
I was absolutely over the moon when It arrived back.

No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man.

Heraclitus

www.thepiscatorialraconteurs.co.uk

TrentFisher
Crucian Carp

Re: : : Vintage Catapult : :

Post by TrentFisher »

now that is a very natty catty!

I am not surprised you are the moon.

I just love seeing old items of tackle rescued and reused doing the job they were made for.

Enjoy using it

-Nige

Reedling
Catfish

Re: : : Vintage Catapult : :

Post by Reedling »

Seeing those metal arms reminded me of a small hay fork I have, I bet that could be turned into a good catapult. :Thumb: It would be a pleasure to use a nice old catapult like yours, I reckon I would be feeding the fish rather than pulling them out if it were mine. :Wink:

Return to “Other Traditional Items of Tackle”