Vintage bite alarm help

Other traditional odds and sods can be found in here.
User avatar
Shaun Harrison
Rainbow Trout
Posts: 3387
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:34 pm
Location: Nottinghamshire/Derbyshire Border
Contact:

Re: Vintage bite alarm help

Post by Shaun Harrison » Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:11 pm

Would you like me to add a picture for you to the facebook page 'oldskool toys'?

There are a fair few alarm collectors there.

User avatar
BobTheFloat
Arctic Char
Posts: 1570
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:27 pm
Location: Over there that's me waving! I like your hat is it lined?

Re: Vintage bite alarm help

Post by BobTheFloat » Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:42 pm

Shaun Harrison wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:11 pm
Would you like me to add a picture for you to the facebook page 'oldskool toys'?

There are a fair few alarm collectors there.
That would be wonderful thank you Shaun :Hat:
Your one bite away from the best session of your life

User avatar
Dokterhoo
Gudgeon
Posts: 89
Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:24 pm

Re: Vintage bite alarm help

Post by Dokterhoo » Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:16 pm

Reedling wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:02 am
These people sold one in a group of alarms, maybe give them a call...
https://www.the-saleroom.com/en-us/auct ... 4000f6eed4
Hi,
According to Mullocks "prices realised" the whole lot made £10, sorry!

Dok

User avatar
JPC
Bleak
Posts: 106
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:02 pm

Re: Vintage bite alarm help

Post by JPC » Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:32 pm

Dokterhoo wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:16 pm
Reedling wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:02 am
These people sold one in a group of alarms, maybe give them a call...
https://www.the-saleroom.com/en-us/auct ... 4000f6eed4
Hi,
According to Mullocks "prices realised" the whole lot made £10, sorry!

Dok
Amongst those alarms are a couple of Herons complete with boxes, they can go for £50 or more on EBay these days, so perhaps there were not any bite alarm aficionados in the room that day ?

User avatar
Shaun Harrison
Rainbow Trout
Posts: 3387
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:34 pm
Location: Nottinghamshire/Derbyshire Border
Contact:

Re: Vintage bite alarm help

Post by Shaun Harrison » Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:44 pm

BobTheFloat wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:42 pm
Shaun Harrison wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:11 pm
Would you like me to add a picture for you to the facebook page 'oldskool toys'?

There are a fair few alarm collectors there.
That would be wonderful thank you Shaun :Hat:
PM me the sort of thing you want me to add with it. Presuming you are okay me lifting the pictures from the start of this thread?

User avatar
Dave Burr
Salmon
Posts: 8963
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:03 pm
Location: Not far from the Wye
Contact:

Re: Vintage bite alarm help

Post by Dave Burr » Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:48 pm

JPC wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:32 pm
Dokterhoo wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:16 pm
Reedling wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:02 am
These people sold one in a group of alarms, maybe give them a call...
https://www.the-saleroom.com/en-us/auct ... 4000f6eed4
Hi,
According to Mullocks "prices realised" the whole lot made £10, sorry!

Dok
Amongst those alarms are a couple of Herons complete with boxes, they can go for £50 or more on EBay these days, so perhaps there were not any bite alarm aficionados in the room that day ?
Ten quid for that Lot? Why does that never happen when I'm at an auction? I missed this thread when it started but man, I love that alarm. It's well thought out and looks like it would be superior to the somewhat temperamental Heron. Plus it looks 'tech' which appeals to me :Happy:

I hope you get a good offer for it :cheers:

User avatar
BobTheFloat
Arctic Char
Posts: 1570
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:27 pm
Location: Over there that's me waving! I like your hat is it lined?

Re: Vintage bite alarm help

Post by BobTheFloat » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:07 pm

Thanks for the revamp in this thread guys.
Mr Harrison has taken it to the next level it's getting very interesting
Your one bite away from the best session of your life

User avatar
Reedling
Barbel
Posts: 4650
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:41 am
Location: Kent

Re: Vintage bite alarm help

Post by Reedling » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:15 am

I could not see £10 on the page I linked to above, that seems extremely cheap to me, sure it wasn't £100.

User avatar
Keston
Arctic Char
Posts: 1872
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:48 pm
Location: Fareham

Re: Vintage bite alarm help

Post by Keston » Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:10 am

An amazing thing , I hope it finds a good home.

User avatar
JPC
Bleak
Posts: 106
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:02 pm

Re: Vintage bite alarm help

Post by JPC » Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:40 am

I knew I'd seen quite a write up about the electrified version so had a look through my Walker books and found it, Successful Angling by Walker, Taylor, Falkus and Buller published by Stanley Paul, in the Ledgering chapter under bite indicators. Walker offers several paragraphs about his latest electric bite indicator along with several diagrams.

Post Reply

Return to “Other Traditional Items of Tackle”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests