Jack Pyke

Other traditional odds and sods can be found in here.
Tony1964

Jack Pyke

Post by Tony1964 »

Does anyone use any of the Jack Pyke gear or clothing? I have heard mixed reviews.

Mark
Head Bailiff

Re: Jack Pyke

Post by Mark »

Tony, I have a Jack Pyke game bag which I only use when my grandson comes fishing with me. It is made well and has lasted for years.
Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

Tony1964

Post by Tony1964 »

I have been looking at the game bags for stalking rivers. My old gas mask case is getting a little ragged now. I also like the look of their hunting jackets, not the cammo ones but the plain green. Winter's coming!

The VFC
Brown Trout

Post by The VFC »

I got one of their tin mugs - has lasted well though the paint has come off. Not very helpful I know....

J.T
Catfish

Post by J.T »

I also have one of their game bags and it's great, also holds far more than you would think.
"piscator non solum piscatur"

St.John
Tench

Post by St.John »

J.T wrote:I also have one of their game bags and it's great, also holds far more than you would think.
Dam right, I managed to fit a hip flask, 20 odd cartridges and three pheasants in mine!! Couldn't belive it!, it only cost 18 quid. Bargain.
"Be patient and calm-for no man can catch fish in anger."

Bay Leaf

Post by Bay Leaf »

I've been using one of their suits for over two years now, a Hunter jacket and trousers. Worn over a fleece and some thermals it is great in winter and the jacket has a zip down 'seat' if you are not wearing waterproof trousers. I never carry a brolly and it has been perfectly waterproof to date, the only fault is that the lining in the sleeves can be a bit sweaty in summer.

Hope this of some use.

Moving Shadow

Post by Moving Shadow »

I have one of their floppy summer hats, reversible camo and buff, I choose buff outward and get mistaken for Chris Yates down the cut, Seriously, it happens!

Lovely hat

Return to “Other Traditional Items of Tackle”