Fallon's Angler Issue 16

Discuss all your fishing books & magazines here.
Trilob
Chub

Re: Fallon's Angler Issue 16

Post by Trilob »

The Tuesday Swim wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:25 am While we have your attention we would like to quiz you on features that you would like to see, locations, species, anglers, anything that has popped into your head and thought "that would be good to see."
We are off to meet a remarkable man in a few weeks time in Ireland who once again epitomises a simple approach to angling, it will be a film that I think will be quite special, but your feedback gents is very welcome for future features.
I really like the non-regular stuff. Dom in New York, Someone flyfishing the american Ditches for carp, Microfishing, Species Hunting, portbeagle sharks/sixguills. Stuff I can't easily do myself I guess.

Edit: after re-reading your post I believe you are talking about the videos you do? and not the articles... my answer would be almost the same I guess.

Trilob
Chub

Post by Trilob »

oh! and wrasse fishing!

The Tuesday Swim
Grayling

Post by The Tuesday Swim »

Trilob, you're right my use of words could be misleading, I did mean the magazine, as you rightly say the films and content go hand in hand. Interesting what you say, Wrasse have been discussed on the Dorset Coast.

Trilob
Chub

Post by Trilob »

I guess it is because English isn't my native language haha.

maybe someone who designes his/her own (soft)baits and fishes them.

Chevin Chaser
Dace

Post by Chevin Chaser »

I'm very new to reading FA, in fact issue 16 was my very first. Theres a very rustic feel to it, and weirdly, the smell of the book reminded me of a few raggaty book shops I used to frequent in my youth that were situated in victorian dwellings, which have sadly closed down or demolished and replaced with new builds.

The chapters are very well written, they draw you in quickly and you hope as you turn over the page that its not the end. I liked the artwork using water colours and I noticed my childhood bike, The Chopper!

As I enjoyed it so much, I ordered back issue #15 which rattled through the letter box very soon after ordering. I don't know the people involved in the making of FA, but I think its a fantastic book to read, its well thought through that's for sure, and I hope it thrives and continues.

IMG_20190711_154902-684x912.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
It is important to be aware that every fishing story...depends on the honesty of those telling it, the accuracy of their memory and the realibility of their interpretation of the circumstances.

The Tuesday Swim
Grayling

Chevin Chaser, thanks for the kind words, it good to hear you're enjoying the magazine. If you ever wanted the whole set of back issues I'm sure we could come to some arrangement PM me if you wish, although that is a lot of reading, maybe drip feeding the odd copy works best.
Nick

Scott
Tench

Post by Scott »

Tench Dreamer wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:53 pm Once again a brilliant issue . Scott Winstanleys “ giving thanks” was spot on . My own father passed away in March and I found this particular feature very captivating. I’ve got more to get through and we finally see My Yates box of tricks( tackle bag) Does he really take no other gear ,,,split shot etc . I guess not ...his approach to such matters also remind me so much of Me dad .

Keep them coming and I like the poems too
Thanks for the kind words Sir, glad you liked my piece, it wasn't easy to write but I'm glad I got it down on paper. Sorry to hear about your dad.

Best Wishes
Scott

Ally
Silver Bream

Post by Ally »

Ive just about given up on fallons angler. Ive got a few copies since it started and liked some articles but struggle with others. Maybe i should try this one. By the way the editor never replied to my emails.

The Tuesday Swim
Grayling

Ally wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:15 pm Ive just about given up on fallons angler. Ive got a few copies since it started and liked some articles but struggle with others. Maybe i should try this one. By the way the editor never replied to my emails.
I'm sorry to hear that, if you resend the email to images@fallonsangler.net I'll make sure Garrett responds, or I will if it's something I can assist with, he does get extremely busy at times, but frustrating all the same.

Tench Dreamer
Crucian Carp

Post by Tench Dreamer »

Scott wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:47 pm
Tench Dreamer wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:53 pm Once again a brilliant issue . Scott Winstanleys “ giving thanks” was spot on . My own father passed away in March and I found this particular feature very captivating. I’ve got more to get through and we finally see My Yates box of tricks( tackle bag) Does he really take no other gear ,,,split shot etc . I guess not ...his approach to such matters also remind me so much of Me dad .

Keep them coming and I like the poems too
Thanks for the kind words Sir, glad you liked my piece, it wasn't easy to write but I'm glad I got it down on paper. Sorry to hear about your dad.

Best Wishes
Scott
I re read this again Scott and took heart if that’s the right description ( words kinda fail me on this subject) .

On a promise made to my own dad by me to him near the end of his life ,my family scattered his ashes in May into the Nene at Sir Peter Scott’s lighthouse. My Dad was a Wildfowler and loved the wash and surroundings.

His death has hit us all hard and your article gave a real connection for me

Return to “Fishing Books and Magazines”