Fallon's Angler 6 out now

Discuss all your fishing books & magazines here.
The Tuesday Swim
Grayling

Fallon's Angler 6 out now

Post by The Tuesday Swim »

Fallon's Angler 6 is now out, I wrote this short piece about the new issue where we are taking the publication...

https://thetuesdayswim.com/2016/04/29/f ... -the-time/

You can order a copy here...
http://fallonsangler.net/shop/

I promise it really is a great read and has a feel of quality about it.

Regards

Nick

RBTraditional
Catfish

Re: Fallon's Angler 6 out now

Post by RBTraditional »

Thanks for the reminder Tadpole....just ordered mine. :Thumb:
" Angling is not an escape from life, but often a deeper immersion into it..."

https://thepiscatorialraconteurs.co.uk/

Mark
Head Bailiff

Post by Mark »

I have mine on subscription.
Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

GhyllManor
Grayling

Post by GhyllManor »

Mine arrived last week, havn't picked it up yet but am really looking forward to another great read.
:Thumb:

Santiago
Wild Carp

Post by Santiago »

I have a subscription. And I still have other issues to read yet. Best savoured when the mood takes. A hearty congratulations on a wonderful publication.
"....he felt the gentle touch on the line and he was happy"

Hemingway

The Old Buffer
Crucian Carp

Post by The Old Buffer »

I renewed my subscription for another years worth last week.

I fully endorse all that has been said above. A wonderful publication indeed.
The coiled line travels from the reel, it brings up at last, the hook goes home, and then begins the test of skill. "BB"

The Tuesday Swim
Grayling

Post by The Tuesday Swim »

Firebird wrote:Tadpole
How would you say Fallon's Angler differs from Waterlog?
It's a good question Firebird and one we ask ourselves all the time, not just with Waterlog but with other angling publications.
I think that primarily we look for quality writing and imagery that sits along side each other, 98% of images are original and shot by either me, commissioned photographers or the contributors themselves. This is a more personal approach to the publication that sets it away from Waterlog which is more a medley of articles. We also include regular pieces that create a 'glue' for the reader so each issue has some links to the previous edition, a good example is Steve Roberts our professional river guide who writes a dairy about his previous three months, it gives a good practical insight into how he catches his fish, but without becoming "How to improve your coarse fishing". Another regular feature is "What's in your Bag" which look at the kit our featured angler takes with them, again this is quite personal and generally seasonly lead. Garrett Fallon himself put a huge amount of time into editing the content and seeking out the stories that will interest our readers, his enthusiasm is reflected in his editors page as the introduction.

Getting an editorial balance that is both interesting, creative and informative is a challenge but we feel that we are making progress and finding our own 'identity.' If there was some similarity between Fallon's and Waterlog it would be the earlier editions when Waterlog were more hands-on, my favourite of theirs was the Irish edition, when they all trekked off to the Ireland, it had geographical references, great stories and humour, this is what I think Fallon's Angler is more akin too, wrapped up in quality words and pictures.

Looking to the future we are embracing the landscape more, contributors are exploring their fishing on foot over the moors, by canoe and by sea kayak, we make a real effort for our readers to see that angling in the 21st century is exciting and there are story out there that are still un-told, its our job to find those stories. Personally I don't think there is any UK based angling magazine that does this, we are personal and passionate and very much pro-active in the field, and we have a laugh at ourselves...occasionally!

We want our readers to feel part of something and with this thought we are now going top have a letters page with our readers thoughts, so If you have something to say please do, it really helps us understand what you do and don't like about FA editor@fallonsangler.net

Onwards and upwards.

Trilob
Chub

Post by Trilob »

Can't wait!

GregF
Crucian Carp

Post by GregF »

Mine arrived yesterday. Thoroughly enjoying it so far :Hat:
"Give up haste and ambition, close your mouth, only then will you comprehend the spirit of Tao" - Lao Tze

Kevin
Chub

Post by Kevin »

I received my brown envelope yesterday,im saving it to take away with me this weekend to North Wales where it is forcast to be possibly maybe hopefully Scorchio :Sun:
Is the General in this issue?

Return to “Fishing Books and Magazines”