A Coming of Age

Discuss all your fishing books & magazines here.
Barbulus
Tench

Re: A Coming of Age

Post by Barbulus »

I can answer my own question and help inform anyone else who has pre-ordered. I just this minute took a telephone call - very impressed with the Customer Service too I may say - apparently the book should be out with us in the next 2-3 weeks - certainly before Christmas. Excellent ! Looking forward to a holiday read.......

Kingfisher
Catfish

Post by Kingfisher »

I wish those little eagrets would get a move on; I've just received Maurice Pledger's "Whilst my float is still cocked" but I dare not pick it up yet because I wanted to read Stu's book first.......well that and I'll get a thick ear from the wife because it's meant to be a Christmas present. :Chuckle:

God never did make a more calm, quiet, innocent recreation than angling.

Izaak Walton

Kingfisher
Catfish

Post by Kingfisher »

Anyone had theirs yet or could shed some light as to when to expect them? I know I'm sounding like a spoiled child but I really am looking forward to reading it that much.
I've only just realised that the cover of the book is the view as you get over the style at Redmire pool looking back up the field towards Les's house, a view I saw a lot as it was behind my swim "The Stumps" when I was lucky enough to fish there.

Izaak Walton

The Sweetcorn Kid
Wild Carp

Post by The Sweetcorn Kid »

Unfortunately it'll not be ready in time for Christmas Matt. Just had word from the printers. Heartbreaking I know, but something nice to look forward to after the festivities.
SK
The Compleat Tangler

“Imagination is the real magic that exists in this world. Look inwards to see outwards. And capture it in writing.”

Nigel 'Fennel' Hudson

Click here for my Youtube Channel...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeoyLH ... 5H4u8sTDgA

Loop Erimder
Wild Carp

Post by Loop Erimder »

Oh for goodness sake... . Looks like I'll have to buy some fire wood then
Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish

The Sweetcorn Kid
Wild Carp

Loop Erimder wrote:Oh for goodness sake... . Looks like I'll have to buy some fire wood then
:club:
SK
The Compleat Tangler

“Imagination is the real magic that exists in this world. Look inwards to see outwards. And capture it in writing.”

Nigel 'Fennel' Hudson

Kingfisher
Catfish

Post by Kingfisher »

The Sweetcorn Kid wrote:Unfortunately it'll not be ready in time for Christmas Matt. Just had word from the printers. Heartbreaking I know, but something nice to look forward to after the festivities.

That's terrible news. I'm moving house again after Christmas. :Hair out: Please tell me it will be here before the end of January? :Beg:

Izaak Walton

The Sweetcorn Kid
Wild Carp

I really can't say, keep me up to speed with your move. I'll make sure it gets to you.
SK
The Compleat Tangler

Nigel 'Fennel' Hudson

Crucian
Eel

Post by Crucian »

Loop Erimder wrote:Oh for goodness sake... . Looks like I'll have to buy some fire wood then
:Hahaha:

Skeff
Crucian Carp

Post by Skeff »

I get the impression that waiting for a book from Little Egret is like waiting for the float to dip.... Unpredictable and it may take a little longer than hoped but the excitement only builds and the outcome will almost certainly be worth the wait.

Return to “Fishing Books and Magazines”