Fallon's Angler issue 8 - A film.

Discuss all your fishing books & magazines here.
The Tuesday Swim
Grayling

Fallon's Angler issue 8 - A film.

Post by The Tuesday Swim »

After a slight delay issue 8 of Fallon's Angler is now available for pre order http://fallonsangler.net/product/fallon ... r-issue-8/
To see the launch I made a short film about the two rivers and two anglers featured in the article written by Garrett Fallon.
This may not be for everyones taste, but I thought I would approach this film with a slightly different take, no cello nor woodwind instruments but I hope that you feel a sense of the two contrasting landscapes...

https://vimeo.com/191639158

Badger
Grayling

Re: Fallon's Angler issue 8 - A film.

Post by Badger »

Thanks. Is there anyway you can edit out the sound of the car alarm at the beginning ?
"An undisturbed river is as perfect as we will ever know, every refractive slide of cold water a glimpse of eternity" - Thomas McGuane

The Tuesday Swim
Grayling

Post by The Tuesday Swim »

Badger wrote:Thanks. Is there anyway you can edit out the sound of the car alarm at the beginning ?
There are ways of taking sounds out (can be tricky) but the traffic sounds and alarms etc were part of the soundtrack.

Kev Parr
Perch

Post by Kev Parr »

Lovely stuff, Nick...

PeteD
Rudd

Post by PeteD »

Excellent film. Looking forward to the magazine even more now.

TemeLAD
Crucian Carp

Post by TemeLAD »

Terrific Nick - the look in Pauls eyes and his gestures, that child like wonderment in his eyes set in to the face of an adult - wonderful! and that setting sun at the end, very atmospheric, more please! :Hat:
"I can't wait to buy a bamboo pole and a filament of line and a tube of breadcrumbs. I want to participate in this practice which allows a man to be alone with himself in dignity and peace. It seems a very precious thing to me".

John Steinbeck

Stour Otter
Grayling

Post by Stour Otter »

Wonderful. Paul's a treasure. Thank you.
The good angler is not the one with expensive equipment. Common sense, observation and trying to realize
what is happening above and below water will catch fish no matter what price equipment you fish with.
L.A. Parker - This Fishing 1948

Tench Dreamer
Crucian Carp

Post by Tench Dreamer »

Watched this again just now ... Paul reminds me of a late friend who was a Lea Angler from Hackney in East London. But his descption of the magic of the "the fish coming on " is just pure Gold , his instant focus on having a knock is great ...

Return to “Fishing Books and Magazines”