new books coming out by little egret press

Discuss all your fishing books & magazines here.
QuinetteCane
Rudd

Re: new books coming out by little egret press

Post by QuinetteCane »

Whenever I travel on the M 4 I feel a need to tip my hat somewheres about Windsor.
Was the BK net produced commercially? Never seen another, To my eye it has a
style not possessed by the Walker straight arms.(anathema!? Sos)

Chris Ball
Bleak

Post by Chris Ball »

QuinetteCane wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:51 pm Whenever I travel on the M 4 I feel a need to tip my hat somewheres about Windsor.
Was the BK net produced commercially? Never seen another, To my eye it has a
style not possessed by the Walker straight arms.(anathema!? Sos)
No, not as far as I am aware, though when I designed the Sharpes ‘Scottie’ carp net back in the mid 1990s I did have the BK net in mind.

Bobthefloat
Rainbow Trout

Post by Bobthefloat »

Wow I've never even seen one of those nets.
Id absolutely love one to pair with my sharpes carp and only 50 made I don't think I'll ever even see one.

JPC
Bleak

Post by JPC »

Bill's net was actually made by him. He signed up at a local school which ran evening classes, one of which was wood work, this was so he could learn how to curve the laminated cane arms. From memory his teacher actually helped him construct the net. Bill wrote the full story of the net's creation in the Anglers Mail where for some time he had his own column.

QuinetteCane
Rudd

Post by QuinetteCane »

Well recalled JPC, that's buried info unlikely to be found by normal research. Thank you.
That's a singleminded determined approach by BK to owning a desirable bit of kit.
I do hope it surfaces at sometime, hopefully soon.
Add ... Thanks to CB too ... More knowledge freely given to an ignorant old codger.

Mario
Eel

Post by Mario »

well I've ordered the leather edition of chris balls new book I've been told i will get number 2 of 10 copies just have to save some money for the book at least ill have something good to look forward to

SmithyFish
Ruffe

Post by SmithyFish »

Cooky wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:22 pm Any others in the pipeline that you chaps are aware off?

Regards
Cooky
Yep, one from me, called 'Waiting for a Hunter's Moon'. There's some coarse fishing in there as well as quite a bit of sea fishing as the book follows the seasons of the year. Early days yet, as Wayne only accepted the manuscript a few weeks back.😊

Mario
Eel

Post by Mario »

there is quite a few coming up that I'm intrested in lawrence breakspear book is one he fishes a lot of my local rivers so ill be very invested in his book also esox edition plus he will be doing a book on perch fishing which should be good

JPC
Bleak

Post by JPC »

I also believe LEP are bringing out a book by Andrew Spreadbury which will cover a couple of popular Kent carp waters Andy fished in the seventies, this will be an updated version of an e book.

Return to “Fishing Books and Magazines”