new books coming out by little egret press

Discuss all your fishing books & magazines here.
Mario
Eel

Re: new books coming out by little egret press

Post by Mario »

sk sorry for my ignorance but who is old cooky

Mario
Eel

Post by Mario »

I'm looking forward to chris balls book that should be good i met him a few years ago and he was showing me a album of carp related pictures of yesterday year thanks chris it was very intresting

Chris Ball
Bleak

Post by Chris Ball »

Mario wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:30 pm I'm looking forward to chris balls book that should be good i met him a few years ago and he was showing me a album of carp related pictures of yesterday year thanks chris it was very intresting
Thanks Mario, I’ve unearthed new material and many pictures some of which have not been published before.
A book for carp fishing history fans.

Bill Keal at Cheshunt Reservoir in the 1950s.

Bobthefloat
Rainbow Trout

Post by Bobthefloat »

Looking forward to this Chris especially the section on Tarn :Thumb:

Jardine
Perch

Post by Jardine »

Chris Ball wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:37 pm
The Sweetcorn Kid wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:24 am It's mostly stories of old Cooky, chapters by lots of anglers of yesteryear. Chris's book I think is a continuation of his Famous Catches book, so more tales from The Special Album. A new carp book by Jon Berry is in construction also. Plenty to look forward to.
The book is called Historical Carp Waters - masses of info and nearly 300 pictures! No wonder I feel worn out.
Hi Chris,
how many waters are covered in this book?
Best regards
Mem

QuinetteCane
Rudd

Post by QuinetteCane »

Those curved arms are familiar from the Cheshunt section on here, then twas empty and pictured leaning against his hut there.

Chris Ball
Bleak

Post by Chris Ball »

BobTheFloat wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:38 pm Looking forward to this Chris especially the section on Tarn :Thumb:
The Tarn chapter is quite extensive with some great never seen before pictures from the 1950s.

Chris Ball
Bleak

Post by Chris Ball »

Jardine wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:43 pm
Chris Ball wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:37 pm
The Sweetcorn Kid wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:24 am It's mostly stories of old Cooky, chapters by lots of anglers of yesteryear. Chris's book I think is a continuation of his Famous Catches book, so more tales from The Special Album. A new carp book by Jon Berry is in construction also. Plenty to look forward to.
The book is called Historical Carp Waters - masses of info and nearly 300 pictures! No wonder I feel worn out.
Hi Chris,
how many waters are covered in this book?
Best regards
Mem
There should be around 21 chapters in the book, extensive details about Godalming Angling’s Broadwater lake, Eggetts, Horton Kirby, Landrindod Wells, etc.

Chris Ball
Bleak

Post by Chris Ball »

QuinetteCane wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:37 pm Those curved arms are familiar from the Cheshunt section on here, then twas empty and pictured leaning against his hut there.
Yep, same net. It went missing after Bill Keal’s death, thought to be held by the family. It may surface one day.

Bill Keal fishing at Broadwater lake, Surrey in the early 1960s. Sharpes rods, Ambidex reels, heron bite alarms and his beautifully shaped laminated cane carp net. Oh...and a Lafuma bedchair - god they were comfortable.

Bobthefloat
Rainbow Trout

Post by Bobthefloat »

Chris Ball wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:15 pm
QuinetteCane wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:37 pm Those curved arms are familiar from the Cheshunt section on here, then twas empty and pictured leaning against his hut there.
Yep, same net. It went missing after Bill Keal’s death, thought to be held by the family. It may surface one day.

Bill Keal fishing at Broadwater lake, Surrey in the early 1960s. Sharpes rods, Ambidex reels, heron bite alarms and his beautifully shaped laminated cane carp net. Oh...and a Lafuma bedchair - god they were comfortable.
How things have changed they actually have a ban on bedchairs there now aswell as a few other strict rules I'm pretty sure your still aloud to use bait :Confused:
Last edited by Bobthefloat on Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Fishing Books and Magazines”