Fallon's Angler 10!

Discuss all your fishing books & magazines here.
The Tuesday Swim
Grayling

Fallon's Angler 10!

Post by The Tuesday Swim »

As we land our first double, we just wanted to send a gentle reminder to those who haven't renewed their subscriptions. Although we send out email reminders, those who prefer more traditional platforms of communication may have been lost in the post! Issue 10 is being sent out over the next few days to subscribers but we feel a nudge to those who have been passed by may need a gentle shove.
Plenty of wonderful words including traditional brews from Chris Yates celebrating the 16th, Tom Fort on classic angling books and Matthew Minter catching enormous river carp on cane and pin.
We have two films the first can be seen here about Gliffaes hotel, certainly not the usual corporate hotel rebranding film; Jazz, fly fishing and tales of the old Usk...
https://vimeo.com/220825535

Next week our main film comes out as the printed copies drop through the letterboxes across the land which features Cregennan Lakes, a highlight in our Welsh edition.

:Hat:

Moley
Brown Trout

Re: Fallon's Angler 10!

Post by Moley »

No 10 will without doubt join the pantheon of previous issues when Fatty gets his pension next Friday......hurrah :Hat:

By the by, does the cover picture show the great Garnett O'Fanlon in sober reflection by the waterside before the call of the local pub takes its toll?

Perhaps in future editions Garnett could write about the fishing hostelries he has visited, known and loved et al. over the years before he gets barred from them all :cheers:

It would make amusing anecdotal reading, to be sure.

As ever,..........

Moley
Say aye tae'a pie!

Jardine
Perch

Post by Jardine »

That was a lovely film, I really enjoyed watching it.
And what a charming lady!
Best regards
Mem

JimmyBobkin
Crucian Carp

Post by JimmyBobkin »

Hmm. I was speaking to a nursing student last year who used to work as a waitress at the Gliffaes Hotel. The manager wouldn't employ people from the Welsh Valleys as he deemed their accent 'too common' for such a posh place. Not the kind of place I would spend my hard earned cash.

MattMinter
Bleak

Post by MattMinter »

Raced through half my copy last night, saving the rest for the Ashmead pilgrimage next month.
Thoroughly chuffed to have a piece in this issue, Fallon's is a smashing venture and seeing rank amateurs like myself alongside the likes of Parr, Yates and THE General is very surreal for me and very brave of the Fallon's team.
Bravo Garrett and Nick!
“Words are, in my not-so-humble opinion, our most inexhaustible source of magic. Capable of both inflicting injury, and remedying it.”

Albus Dumbledore.

Kingfisher
Catfish

Post by Kingfisher »

issue 10 ordered. :Thumb:

God never did make a more calm, quiet, innocent recreation than angling.

Izaak Walton

Return to “Fishing Books and Magazines”