Historical Carp Waters by Chris Ball

Discuss all your fishing books & magazines here.
Mario
Eel

Re: Historical Carp Waters by Chris Ball

Post by Mario »

i bought the full leather haven't received it yet but its been done by ludlow book binders the quarter bound was done i think by tom o rielly ive had leathers from them before and been very happy

Colonelgsc
Roach

Post by Colonelgsc »

Sorry to hear that, Snape, my friend ....... a sad sign of the times, I fear.

"If you can wait, and not be tired of waiting......" Kipling

Mario
Eel

Post by Mario »

ive always been very happy with book by little egret press i think may be you should give wayne at little egret a call to see what he says before posting on public forum as its only fair to give them a chance to respond thats my thoughts on the matter i have emailed him to tell him of the thread

Pallenpool
Zander

Post by Pallenpool »

This is obviously not an ideal situation for anyone, I just hope all can be resolved as the egret press (specials) have been of a good standard in the past, certainly my copies have been. One thing I know which would help is stop giving deadlines on publication releases that pile on the pressure for everyone involved in the making of these books, after all most of the people who purchase them are at heart consummate easy going piscators who surely would not mind waiting just that little bit longer for a quality book.
Because of the negative issues thus far mentioned in this thread I am now wondering if this could be the reason for not slipcasing the Royalty Days special edition - all others before it have been. I was a little put out by this as the slipcase made these previous editions, well, 'special' - it makes the Royalty a bit of an oddball to my mind and certainly nothing to do with a bookcase set as far as the aesthetic goes. Hopefully all this will get back on track ASAP.
No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man.

Heraclitus

www.thepiscatorialraconteurs.co.uk

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Post by AshbyCut »

Given recent posts, I was perspiring a little about the imminent arrival of my Luxury Leather Bound in Slipcase copy of "Historical Carp Waters" by Chris Ball.

However ... I'm delighted to report that it has arrived ... and I'm utterly delighted with it !!!

The slip case, and the leather binding on front, back, and spine are all perfect. In fact, I'm desperately trying NOT to open it more than a few centimeters in case I mark it ... but the contents look to be a tribute to Mr. Ball, and all involved.

Thank you Wayne and Chris ... and Chris, David, and Adam ... one very happy customer here.
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Bob Brookes
Zander

Post by Bob Brookes »

I am really pleased Mal. The bookbinder used for the Luxury Leather is excellent and I was delighted with what they did with my second book. Well done L.E.P. for using them. :Hat:
"You do not cease to fish because you get old, you get old because you cease to fish"

Mario
Eel

Post by Mario »

my full leather came today and im very happy with it

Julian
Salmon

Post by Julian »

Snape wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:32 pm I just got home and opened the package,
It isn't in the same state of some of the others described here.
The slipcase cover is ok but not brilliant and the leather on the spine is a bit loose but looks ok and the embossed printing of the title and name etc are a bit wonky.
Overall it looks like a fair book binding hobbiest has done it. Not professional standard by any means and not a patch on Medlar. :(
Mine has an insert with 3 out 4 signatures on it (missing David Blackaller)
My quarter bound leather copy is about the same condition as yours Nigel.
There is no peace on earth like the peace of fishing in the early mornings

Beresford
Sea Trout

Post by Beresford »

I put the standard version on my Christmas list. I have to say that if I had paid a lot of money and got a less than perfect book, in the first instance I would contact the publisher.

Hurrah! I have a copy. The content is fabulous and I shall certainly very much enjoy reading it. However, there are lots of layout errors in it that I find frustrating in a book that costs £30.
The Split Cane Splinter Group

Colonelgsc
Roach

Post by Colonelgsc »

I'm very pleased to update this post with reference to the standard of the 1/4 leather edition. Wayne has put in a considerable effort and resolved the issues to my total satisfaction. LEP will continue to receive my custom and hearty recommendation :Hat:

"If you can wait, and not be tired of waiting......" Kipling

Return to “Fishing Books and Magazines”